Show me the Science Ep #69

fasting

(Jo) #1

I am a big fan of 2 Keto Dudes as well as Dr. Fung and Megan Ramos. I have a question regarding the applicability of this study mentioned by Richard, regarding the limit on the energy transfer rate from the human fat store in hypophagia.

Richard mentioned a hypothesis that this study explains why some can fast and some can’t. However, I think of Megan Ramos, who has very little body fat and regularly fasts 72 hours, gaining strength and bone density. I know she has 5 years experience fasting so reacts differently than newbies however, if this study were accurate, Megan would not be able to fast to regularly without a significant drain on her metabolism. I would love to hear people’s thoughts on this. Thank you for this forum and all who contribute and maintain it.

(KCKO, KCFO) #2

Richard made a calculator for how much additional fat you need. Also Megan has worked hard for that body she has today. She is not “naturally” a skinny person, and has had some serious health issues for a person her age that benefits from all the fasting. She feasts well to maintain her metabolic rate.

editing to add this important post, read the part richard put in this thread.

(Jo) #3

Thank you so much for this response. I appreciate you taking the time to post the other thread as well. It was a good read.