Shortness of breath?

(Cristen) #1

I wokeup this morning having a little trouble breathing. Not to the point where I couldn’t breath. It just feels like I have something sitting on my chest. Is this something that goes with the keto diet?
Btw. I have a doctor appointment later in the afternoon. Going to ask him about it but just wanted to get some info on here. Thanks!

(Omar) #2

I never seen any such complaint related to keto in this forum

(Omar) #3

do you have heart racing or palpitations?
If yes, it maybe electrolytes

(less is more, more or less) #4

Search is your friend.

https://www.ketogenicforums.com/search?q=shortness%20of%20breath

(Cristen) #5

Yes. My heart is racing a bit. It kinda went away with a glass of water. Maybe I needed more water. Ive had a cold last couple days.

Keto, fasting and significant weight loss have greatly helped to alleviate any shortness of breath I once had. Leaning over to tie my shoes or pull weeds in the yard, etc. used to leave me puffing. Not so anymore. My stomach was literally compressing and restricting my diaphragm.

I also used to get a good bit of rapid heart beats when I first began fasting. It has been quelled mostly by staying hydrated and taking both magnesium and selenium supplements nightly. Selenium is a much needed but often little mentioned trace element our hearts rely on for rhythm regulation.

(Tara Gebbing) #7

I know when I get dehydrated I have trouble breathing It’s almost like an asthma attack try upping your water intake or add some Gatorade