Shop bought burgers

Hi, has anyone managed to find any “just meat” shop bought burgers. Tesco “finest” frozen quarter pounders, have a depressing list of “additions”.

Ingredients
British Beef (95%), Water, Potato Starch, Salt, Yeast Extract, Dextrose, Onion Powder, Sugar, Cayenne Pepper Extract, Pepper Extract - two different types of sugar, lucky me…

(Vincent Hall) #3

Pop to local buchers, purchsse a kilo of steak mince. Make your own.
Really easy and you know whats in them.
\v/

I buy a lot of ground beef at once and divy it up into 4oz Patties and keep frozen in like 3-4 Patty baggies for easy defrost in the fridge. Much more economical and really not any work at all

(Allie) #5

Iceland! They do burgers that are literally just meat seasoned with salt and pepper. Just read the ingredients to make sure you grab the right ones - black box if I recall correctly…

(Allie) #6

Just checked as I have a box in the freezer.

Will have to look at Iceland. Thanks all. Ideally I want straight out of the freezer no pre-planning burgers. Previous Iceland burgers have required defrosting before cooking.
Have made my own burgers before, then cooked and frozen. But not the same. Perhaps just need to accept almost perfect. And not perfect.

(Allie) #8

These are cook from frozen. They do these smaller ones as well as quarter pounders.

I hope my little Iceland stocks them.

(Liz) #10

Sainsburys 1/4 lb frozen burgers are 100% beef with salt and pepper…they are good…well I think so!