Shiritaki noodles Recipes

(Insert witty quote here) #1

So, I got these, and I’m a little scared. What is your experience with them, and can you give me some delicious recipes?

(Jacquie) #2

They’re pretty easy to work with. I tend to prefer them in a rich creamy sauce like this recipe or a spicy Asian stir fry. This is one of my favourites. Enjoy! :slight_smile:

(Insert witty quote here) #3

Awesome! Thanks!

(Jane Reed) #4

Make tuna noodle casserole. A small can of drained tuna, some cream and perhaps some cream cheese for body, the noodles (very well rinsed in hot water), perhaps a few bits of some green vegetable for color, and lots of cheese on top… baked.

(Arlene) #5

I made a casserole with them just last night. Take 2 pkgs. shiritaki fettucini noodles and rinse very well. Put in a 9X13 casserole dish or large cast iron fry pan. Add leftover cooked chicken pieces, 1/2 chopped onion, 1/3 C sour cream, salt, pepper & garlic, and top with 1 C shredded cheddar. Bake 350 degrees for 45 min. Yum

(Jaime) #6

Like the posts above, I use them mostly in cream sauces, like alfredo. I have had red sauce on them, but you have to be careful of brands with extra sugars. I’ve used them with olive oil to make shrimp scampi too. In other words I’ve used them the same way I do pasta. They cook very quickly. I do recommend rinsing them in hot water otherwise they have a sort of weird smell. My kids and non-keto boyfriend like them just as much as pasta, so for me that’s a seal of approval.
The brand I usually get apparently makes macaroni ones but I’ve had trouble finding it. I’d love to try a baked mac n cheese with them!