Shirataki Noodles - Share Your Favorite Recipie

(Little Miss Scare-All) #1

I just bought some Miracle shirataki Noodles for the first time, in both angel hair and fettucini. I’m trying to get inspired with what I should do with these suckers.

So let’s hear it. How do you prepare yours?

(Empress of the Unexpected) #2

Sorry, what are miracle noodles? Oh, the shirttaki noodles.

(Ellen) #3

Alfredo, ragu (although I know you could just eat the sauce like me), carbonara.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #4

Do you have to drain them n let them dry? I was surprised to find them floating in liquid.

(Susan) #5

The package I had of them said to put in a colander, and drain and rinse with water first, so I did that and added some Sugar Free Pasta Sauce that I bought at Walmart.

(Ellen) #6

Yep, rinse & dry off. I also sometimes throw them in a tuna mayo salad.

My favorite is a Keto version of pad Thai or peanutty noodle sauce.

I have tried several techniques to “normalize” them a little and get the slightly fishy smell/taste out. Best way in my experience:

Rinse in tepid water, then soak in salted water for 5 minutes. Rinse again. Then I heat a frying pan or wok over medium heat, add a teensie bit of coconut oil and quickly stir and sauté the noodles to dry them out.

The liquid they come in, IMO, needs to be pulled/dried out so the flavor of the sauce you’ll be using isn’t thrown off by the original liquid.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #8

I also read someone said soaking in a little milk for a bit absorbed the off smell, same thing works with liver. I don’t know if almond milk would do it.

I have two bags of penne that I haven’t tried yet. I was thinking about baked ziti.

:cowboy_hat_face:

(KCKO, KCFO) #9

I open them up and rinse them under running water. I then add them to a hot dry fry pan to remove as much moisture as I can. I use alfredo or red sauce or even curry sauce over them. Letting them simmer in the sauces for a few minutes helps.

I personally don’t like the wider noodles, I like angle hair and the rice cut. I use the rice several times a month, the noodles, rarely since I bought a spiralizer for using with zuchinni for bigger noodles.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #10

Yes, I agree. The fettucini were rubbery. I have a package of angel hair that I’m going to try. Hear it’s way better.

I usually buy the more expensive ones cause they have better preservative liquid.
I wash and rewash and rewash.
I use them in salads when I eat them (not at the moment) and cut coriander parsley and tomatoe, throw in salmon or sardines or any kind of protein, dressing with some sort of oil (depending on the protein) and APPLE CIDER VINEGAR.
I always use the apple cider vinegar cause they need the flavour added. Sometimes I mix in mustard with it.
And always salt and pepper. They have no flavour, you have to add it in.
I never heat them and don’t use them with sauces, I like the texture with finely chopped salady stuff and lots of flavour added.

(ben) #12

This is my method for shirataki noodles (or rice. I handle both the same way)
I prepare half a liter of boiling water before hand.
First, rinse of the noodles with cold water. Drain it for a bit.
Then use the just boiled water and pour over it. Drain and set aside for at least 1 minute. I actually shake the sieve to let it dry faster.

The trick is to have it dry out a bit.

Then I just prepare them like your regular ramen or chinese (stir)fried noodles.

For a cantonese style noodle. Heat a wok with (coconut) butter, throw in some diced shrimps and stirfry them till they’re half done. Put them aside on the wok (the cooler area) and break 2 eggs in the center of the wok. Stirfry the eggs till they’re 1/3 done.
Add salt. And mix the shrimps. This will cover the shrimp with a layer of egg. When the egg is 2/3 done, crank up the heat and add the noodles.
Stirfry like crazy and add in soy sauce. One teaspoon of dark, one teaspoon of light. If you found a sugarless oystersauce, add in a teaspon of that oo.
Stir till the noodles are colored and warm.

Now the difference between normal noodles: shirataki noodles won’t take in fluids that much. So put your dish in a sieve to let out the sauce and serve with some scallion slices.

(KCKO, KCFO) #13

I drain them, rinse them, then toss in a preheated pan, spread them out and let the dry in there for a few mins. Stirring a bit to make sure all of them come in contact with the hotter part of the pan. The use as any noodle or rice. I love the rice, but prefer zoodles to the noodles.

(Canadian Beauty) #14

I thoroughly rinse them about 2 minutes. I then usually marinate them in braggs aminos, hot sauce and garlic and add to a chinese stir fry. After the are marinated I always then dry fry them to get all the moisture out. I have dry fired them after rinsing to add them to alfredo sauce and shrimp and it turned out delicious. The brand that I prefer are made by “NU PASTA” I am pretty sure I tried all the brands.