She didn’t even recognize me 😂

(Ron D. Garrett) #1

Non-scale victory

Had to run down to the store close to my house quickly before it closed at 10 p.m.

As I pulled up a lady that works there who I spoke to when I first started keto was standing there at the door to let late customers like me in.

As I came up to the door I said “hey” and as she trying to hurry me in said “hello” so as I walked by her and into the store I said “well…I’m down 50lbs (since the first time I spoke to her last about 7 months ago).

Her eyes got real big and she exclaimed “I DIDN’T EVEN RECOGNIZE YOU!!!”

Now this lady knows me very well because I used to go in there all of the time because it was the place that I got most of my “carbage” snacks from and it had been so long since I had been in there since I don’t eat that stuff anymore.

I could feel her eyes on me as I went in to pick up the one item that I needed and as I got in my car and she locked the door I could see her animatedly talking to her coworker and I surmise that she was telling him that she couldn’t believe how much I had changed.

Sad thing is that our conversation months ago was when I had been keto for a month or so and I was telling her (and everyone that I ran into that day :joy:) that I had just come from my doctor and “MY DIABETES WAS REVERSED SIMPLY BY EATING THIS KETOGENIC DIET!!”

She told me that she was diabetic herself and was struggling with the complications of it and wanted to know my progress whenever I came in the store if she was on duty but I knew then as I have seen time and again since I started this journey that she wanted to change but she is simply too scared to take the plunge and change her life.

I pray that she will continue to ask me questions as I know that I can help her…maybe tonight’s encounter will be the catalyst.

Funny though!!!

Ron “Big Black” Garrett

Awesome! I had a couple scenarios like that too.

(Ron D. Garrett) #3

It was funnny!!! If you could have seen the look on her face. Didn’t even recognize a regular customer :joy:

(James H Shaffer) #4

Carbage…like that :slight_smile: I work at a bank and when I get a customer in that hasn’t been in for a while I often get that strange look…like they are thinking “Is that him??” have gotten more than once “you don’t even look like the same guy” and of course questions about “how”

(Ron D. Garrett) #5

:joy: it’s both a littl annoying and awesome at the same time :joy:

(Jeanne Wagner) #6

Let’s hope she does ask for more information. You could also make some really cheap and simple business cards that lists books &/or websites (like the Ketogenics forums!). I have heard many in the Keto world have done that… Carl too I do believe. That way she has it and can look into it anytime.

I got a similar reaction when I saw a co-worker I haven’t seen in months saw me last week. She said I looked so good, like a whole new person. Asked me how much weight I had lost. When I said 30 lbs, she was in disbelief and said no, it must be more! Well I have continued to lose inches if not weight, so I had that going for me. Others around me notice but not as much as she did… I’m sure it’s because they see me every day and she hadn’t seen me for a few months. :+1: KCKO