Several random thoughts

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #1

Started to add this to my “weight loss stall” post… But then it involves fasting… and also “clothing” :slight_smile: lol

Anyway basically, I’ve just been really sticking to the daily fast, and not even eating “keto friendly snacks” after my dinner. This mornings breakfast broke a 26hr fast since yesterday breakfast {and it was an awesome Salmon and eggs B-fast too ;)}

But I seem to have broken my weight loss stall, and have lost 3 more lbs in the last week. Jumped on the scale this morn and was 217.5… lightest in the 4yrs since my back injury. Only about 8-10 lbs to go.

So when I started this whole thing 2 months ago, I was wearing size 40"s. Two weeks ago I bought all new Summer shorts, size 36" but they were snug… kind of needed to stretch to fit. I had zero concerns though, as I knew I was going to lose more lbs, and they would fit great in a week or two, and guess what ? I was right :slight_smile: They are getting loose enough now, that I have to go out today, and buy a new belt :slight_smile:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

Congrats on the non-scale victories!

(CharleyD) #3

Great results! These are the heady days where it seems like both a real scale victory and a new NSV around every corner. My recommendation: don’t buy a lot of 36 sized clothes just yet!

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #4

Good job Chris!

(Susan) #5

Congrats Chris! That is awesome =)). You will have the extra few pounds gone in no time!

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #6

Update ! Shockingly… So that was this morning… Before my Salmon and egg breakfast.

Okay, so I did a pretty hardcore job for my GF today, and moved about a thousand lbs of pavers, bricks, and concrete, from one area in the yard to another, and restacked it all nice and pretty :wink: (hope that’s worth something good later :grinning: lol)
Now it was a beautiful Summer day here in Sacramento… I think it was about 95 degrees. So when I got done, and stripped down to my shorts, to get ready to go into the pool, I was like, Holy $#@# ! My shorts looked like I had already been in the pool ! So I was like, surely I lost a little water weight… Jumped on the scale, and Bam ! 214.8 !
Now this will definitely bounce back up… But still 214.8 ! That’s crazy !

I’m just going to stick tightly to the two good Keto meals a day thing though. And when I get to where my fluctuations are between say 205 and 209, I might start eating some more snacks … And Keto bomb deserts :wink:

But then, I really need to start putting on some muscle weight, and I KNOW how tough that is !

(Susan) #7

Congrats on your losses, but just be careful about being too gung ho about adding it all back and over doing it too, or you will gain. Slow and steady =).

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #8

No worries at all… I have a scale right beside my bed. It’s not going to happen over night, and I can go right back to 16:8 any time, at the drop of a hat :wink:

(Susan) #9

Okay, that is great =). Did your girlfriend end up gaining back some weight like she wanted to? I remember you saying that she was underweight and needed to gain back a bit.

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #10

I think a few lbs. But I think she’s just the right weight. She wants to tighten up what she’s got though, and if course I’m completely behind that too.
About to start the hard core workouts myself. I just wanted to get the fat out of the way… And get myself more or less fat adapted… And I feel like I’m just about there :slightly_smiling_face:

(Susan) #11

That is great =). Now you two can do your workouts together =). Does she run your art business with you?

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #12

Not yet… But maybe soon :slightly_smiling_face:

(Susan) #13

That is awesome, Chris.