Self experiment

(Tammy Kidd) #1

I am wanting to try Carnivore for a month to see if i can make some changes with my body for personal issues. I have reversed type 2, fatty liver and hbp. Keto almost 3 years now. All of my bloodwork is within healthy ranges but i am struggling with belly fat. I have tried everything! I am wondering if everyone cuts out dairy also. Open to any suggestions!

(Chris) #2

I’d cut dairy for the first month and afterward you can slowly start to add things back in. Good luck!

(Tammy Kidd) #3

Yes i planned on cutting all dairy, “treats” and sweeteners. Thank you for the response. I hope it helps!

(Stacy) #4

I was stuck in a months long stall and just cut all dairy this week (except butter - I’m going to make ghee but haven’t yet) and suddenly dropped five lbs. my calories and fat are all the same - just no dairy. I will add that this week I also started taking apple cider vinegar before meals. So it could be a combo of both (I’m clearly terrible at proper experimentation!) but either way I’m keeping both changes for now. Once I’m closer to goal I’ll probably start adding some dairy back in to see how I react.

(Tammy Kidd) #5

I have held the same weight almost 2 years now. The scale doesn’t bother me it is more appearance to my self. Kudos to you for the 5 lb loss!

(Genevieve Biggs) #6

Dairy-free is NOT required for ZC/Carnivore. Many people experience no difference between consuming dairy or not, and with success. It is better to eat dairy if it keeps you from eating carbs than to go dairy-free and cave in to cravings.

I personally feel better on dairy free, but I also have several digestive issues. I am dairy free right now, but I do have dairy occasionally as my treat.

I would recommend that you try ZC without excluding dairy for a time to get used to it, and then experiment with cutting it out.

ZC 15 months

(Tammy Kidd) #7

Well…I gained a little over 4 lbs in the first week…idk…any suggestions? Still holding on to it too…

(Elizabeth ) #8

http://myzerocarblife.jamesdhogan.com/wp/2015/03/when-lowering-carbs-causes-weight-gain/.

(Chris) #9

Weight is just a poor indicator of fat loss.

(Chris) #10

FYI, when I ventured down the carnivore path, I had to get a Omron BF% tester because I knew something positive was occurring that I couldn’t quantify on a scale. I wish I would have added measurements as well. I know it can seem frustrating when you have worked so hard to get to or maintain what you have achieved. Your body is healing in ways not obviously apparent

(Genevieve Biggs) #11

Are you starting out very overweight? Or with only 20ish lbs to lose? If the latter, the body often prioritizes other things before weight loss.

ZC 15 months

(Jennifer ) #12

Sorry if this is a weird question, but what amount of belly fat are we talking about here?

(Tammy Kidd) #13

I was at 150 lbs. Now 154 lol. I probably have about 10 to 15 lbs to get rid of. Keto for almost 3 years. No cheat meals former type 2. 192 was my highest weight. I really only have mid section fat left. I measured also and I gained an inch and a half on my wsist… smh…I think my body is one that uses extra protein for glucose. My fasting numbers jumped up also. I even extended my workout routine. I am trying to find what works lol.

(Tammy Kidd) #14

Only 10 to 25 lbs left to lose.

(Tammy Kidd) #15

Sorry 10 to 15.

(Genevieve Biggs) #16

Yes, then it may take some time. The body gets used to a certain body weight, and so it is recalibrating. This recalibration includes correcting all sorts of internal functions, especially hormones. Stick with it, and the weight will come off. It’s just harder for those of us closer to goal weight. Elizedge’s linked article is the best thing you can read.

And DON’T limit protein. It WILL not help in the long run. :heart:

(Rob) #17

Based on your tattoo… I don’t think you have any choice but to KCKO

OR sign up for theTattoo Fixers/Tattoo Nightmares shows :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Seriously, as others have said, starting keto has all kinds of potential weirdness from massive weight loss to slight weight gain, from sickness to euphoria. All very n=1 (we are all snowflakes). Compound that with the added complexity of a woman’s hormonal system, position in the monthly cycle, relatively low body fat compared to many here, and it can be a right shit-show. :scream:

Stick with it, aim for your macros and see how it goes for a few weeks. Not very comforting but true. Good luck! :grinning:

(Tammy Kidd) #18

Lmao!!! Yea the tattoo is there for life! Thinking of getting another one haha! I am going to go back to fasting again and see if i can budge it that way. Thank you all for your input i greatly appreciate it. We are all on our own journey here!

(Brittany) #19

I am in the same boat