Seed & Nut Loaf

(Jane) #21

The video and instructions do not match. She added 1/3 cup oilive oil in the video but it is not listed in the recipe. @Daisy said she didn’t add it and it came out just fine.

The video says to bake at 325 F for one hour and the recipes says 350 F for one hour.

For those who have made this - what oven temp did you use?

I would like to this but don’t want to mess it up with the expensive ingredients in it.

(Max) #22

Hi Janie

When I made this I also omitted the olive oil (didn’t watch the video), it came out fine. I baked at 350 F for an hour.

(Jane) #23

Thank-you so much! I will try it w/o the oil and 350 F. Don’t care for almonds so will sub pecans.

I have a bag of pecans from my AirBnB I stay at in Ft Worth that are the sweetest I’ve ever tasted. But to shell a cup… nope. I will shell a few for a mug cake or a salad.

I don’t remember a video - has that been added since? - so I will have used the written instructions. If in doubt I would probably either go for the lower temp or halfway between! and then check it to make sure top doesn’t get too brown. I seem to remember it is pretty forgiving so I would make sure it is done enough by inserting a skewer or knife to make sure it comes out clean. You are really just settling the eggs effectively.