Seasonal allergies...gone?!

(Meg) #1

I have a horrible allergy to pollen in the spring, and the South is legendary for its pollen. My allergies have steadily gotten worse every year. I’ve lost 30 pounds (almost half by doing keto) and I have had no allergy symptoms this season. If this is the only victory that comes out of keto, I’ll be thrilled!

I am waiting until spring allergy season starts where I am to see if there has been any positive change similar to yours. Like you, for the last 5 years the pollen allergies have gotten progressively worse. Congratulations on your weight loss and allergy reduction!

(Ruthann) #4

I am also waiting to see. I usually need medicine in the early spring. We still have snow here in Canada but in the next month or so it should warm up. I am definitely interested to see!

I’ve had similar results. I was always one of those beginning and end of the season types. (Grass and Ragweed I think) and not really an issue unless it REALLY gets bad out, but no more constant allergy meds.

(Christine) #6

That’s so good to hear! I am new to keto and my heartburn is pretty much gone. I’ve noticed my seasonal allergies are bothering me less and would love to knock them out completely.

(KCKO, KCFO) #7

Mine have gotten way better, but at times they still do a big flare up. I started Aug. 16 and have only had like two allergy events that were botthersome. I’d love it if I continue to heal in maintenance and see those go away Happy for your results.

(Meg) #8

Thank you all for your kind words!

(Kelli Perkins) #9

We started IF over a year ago and eventually added keto. We haven’t had an allergy med since we started. It’s ridiculous. We used to both take daily OTC and prescription meds and then we also had industrial strength Advil bottles in the car, at home, at work to deal with sinus headaches. My husband was about to go in allergy shots. I don’t think he’d breathed through his nose for 30 years. All gone. Zero allergy symptoms for the past year. I think I’ve had Advil once in that time. Plus we have lost over 180 lbs. Other health benefits I could go on for days. But the allergy thing was so unexpected! Haven’t had a cold or flu either in 13 months;

(Joyce J Egan) #10

I have developed allergies over the years also… Cats and something that is in the air when cloudy? Darned if I know what that is about. I have not had any relief as of this week. Since this years season just started. Been on keto 5 months.

(Carmelo Signorello) #11

That would be awesome for me too, I get big time spring allergies. If I don’t get them this year I will reccommend Carl and Richard for sainthood!

(Kath Galvin) #12

Allergies this year were way reduced. Also no pressure under my eyes and brow line. There are so many weird things I did not expect from keto. Sinuses no longer pounding is one of them.