Score another NSV for Candy!

(Candy Lind) #1

I just posted this to my wall on FaceBook:

“Wayne (my hubby) started eating LCHF/keto about 6-7 months ago now. He was on three blood sugar meds at the time, one of which was over $300/month. Having cut out all grains, vegetable/grain/seed oils and sugar, his HbA1c now measures 6.1, pre-diabetic range, nearly down to “normal” - WITHOUT ANY DRUGS. I am so proud of him!!

“Anyone who is dealing with T2D or high blood sugar should at least take a look at LCHF/keto. Here is a link I recommend that tells what some obesity/diabetes clinics are doing with phenomenal success:”

(Link to Dr. Sarah Hallberg’s TEDx talk)

No, this LCHF/keto stuff doesn’t work. Not sustainable. Unhealthy. :wink:

(Adriana) #2

That’s an amazing NSV! Congrats to him! :clap::clap::clap:
It must be great to be doing this with someone else.

(Candy Lind) #3

It’s definitely easier! He has been supportive all along, and was decreasing his carb intake even before 6 months ago. Now he knows much more about hidden sugar & carbs and stays religiously away from potatoes, which were a big part of his life before (having had a dad raised on a potato farm!).

I don’t get it. What are you selling? :thinking:

I know there’s gotta be a catch, here. :wink:

(Sophie) #5

Bravo for Wayne!!! :clap::clap::clap: I know you’re both so happy! Cook that man a big ass steak! :steakcake:

(Jeanne Wagner) #6

That’s wonderful news, Candy!! Tell your husband a great big congratulations from me! I tested non-diabetic back in July after being diabetic since 2006. It’s a wonderful feeling. :smile: I love what Dr. Sarah Hallberg is doing.

My friends and family think what I’ve accomplished is awesome, but can’t even think about doing it themselves. They think they will be and feel deprived, and that it will be too hard.

All you can do is continue to do what you’re doing and maybe it will eventually get through to someone.

(Dave) #7

Candy, that’s great for your hubby. And you too!!
I’m on a path like your hub. My A1c came back at 6.1 a week ago. So congrats to all of us!