Scale Victories and Non-Scale Victories with Zero Carb

(momzbusy2012) #1

I would love to hear how Zero Carb influenced your rate of weight loss or even your NSV. I’m beginning my own ZC journey starting this weekend so I have nothing to report yet. Anyone else??

(Genevieve Biggs) #2

I notice less bloating in just one day! That’s pretty significant for me. I’ll update when I notice more.

(momzbusy2012) #3

I’ve been doing some weekend extended fasts and that has been the ONLY way my weight has been going down. However, I lost .2 overnight and that’s just prior to shark week :slight_smile: I know, I know, TMI but us women know any weight loss prior to this blessed event is a miracle for most of us!

(Genevieve Biggs) #4

I don’t like stevia in my coffee anymore. :grin:

(nadine1073) #5

ZC 12 days… NSVs for me are “quiet” tummy, cravings are pretty much gone, no bloating after a meal… just satisfied. Being able to figure out which foods trigger my heartburn. So far bacon, smoked fish and cured anything. Keeping it easy with ground beef, pork belly, chicken wings and salmon with shrimp. No dairy mostly. Tried a piece of mozza today. We’ll see how that goes.

(David) #6

I started my journey last Sunday (the 7th), and I’ve noticed how I can last longer into the morning before tucking into my breakfast. I cut out going to Greggs for a bacon and omelette or bacon and sausage barm with a latte, or a cappuccino (37 carbs for the bacon and sausage, 35 carbs for the bacon and omelette roll according to MFP, and 16 for the latte, 11 for the cappucino).

I have also taken 4-5 boiled eggs to work to snack on throughout the day (I’m a developer and I think I tend to eat when I’m bored, or stuck on something.

I also used to have a 12oz cup of soup from the butty van at lunchtime, but they are about 16 carbs, so this week I only had my favourites, broccoli and stilton on Tuesday and mushroom on Thursday. I added some butter in on Thursday to get the fat up.

I also used to drink 1 or 2 mochas from the coffee machine a day. (11.6 carbs each)

I switched to bacon and creamcheese, and a bullet-proof coffee or two using the bean coffee, freshly ground from the same machine (0 carbs on the nutritional info page) with added butter, and coconut oil.

I eat a spoon of coconut oil if I get peckish late in the afternoon just before driving home.

In the evening I have a steak with butter and hard cheese.

I snack on hard cheese, and I’ve been eating fish and prawns about 3 or 4 times for extra protein.

I cut the sugar out of my tea last Saturday after watching a video by Dr Robert Lustig, and I don’t buy 2 packets of sweets, 2 packets of biscuits, a large loaf of bread and a Frijj (drink) when I go to the supermarket. I smile knowingly to myself when I walk past them now.

I have never eaten so much meat and eggs and chicken and fish.

I know weight loss is different for everyone, and I’m going to get a tape measure and track my lardy waist as well as my weight, which is more important to me than losing weight) but this morning I got on the scales and amazed myself. My weight has been fluctuating between 121.5Kg (267 lbs) and 123.4 Kg (272 Lbs) for months and months. I was 122.4 Kg (269.8 Lbs on Friday 6th January.

This morning 119.8 Kg (264 Lbs). Getting from 121/2 to below 120Kg in a short time is a huge motivational boost for me. I know other people won’t experience the same loss as me, and that we are all unique snowflakes in our experiment of 1, but I wish you well, and would offer you encouragement to keep calm, and keto on, and if you’re the measuring kind keep on measuring, be truthful - you’re only lying to yourself if you’re not - and gain encouragement from this forum, just as I have done.

Thank you guys. I love this place, and I’m starting to think of how I’ll look without all this insulation I’ve been carrying around for years. I took some semi-naked ‘before’ photos this morning. I’m looking forward to taking the ‘after’ photos.

(Arlene) #7

I’ve been nearly zero carb for almost 3 weeks. I feel peaceful. No tummy problems, no cravings. I never think much about food because when I finally get hungry I just grab some left-over meat or make a quick egg scramble or some other wonderful keto meal. I don’t wake up hating myself for yesterday’s eating mistakes. I don’t worry that I am growing out of my clothes. I just feel at peace. I get to live and enjoy life. Best of health to you.

(Charndra Pile) #8

Enjoying the flat stomach (inside-no bloating), have given up Coke Zero at last (that was my one vice spiking insulin and cravings). Am liking the food. Am feeling calmer. Slowly losing, which I was only able to do with extended fasting before zero carb.
Enjoying my “Hunter” diet!

I feel this same way!

(Genevieve Biggs) #10
  1. Better sleep
  2. My gut is silent
  3. Simpler eating
  4. More energy
  5. Little to no inflammation
  6. Weightloss that’s not on the scale (I look thinner and I need my ring resized, but the scale is up)
  7. I think I have more focus.

I just feel so good!!!

(What The Fast?!) #11

@momzbusy2012
How did it go for you? Are you still zero carb?

(Doug Jolliff) #12

I started Keto on January 5th, since then I have lost 22 lbs (down from 240 lbs), had to get a new belt, and have gotten out a box of my old pants (they fit just not really comfortable yet).

(LB) #13

I began 1.1.19 and confess I have not adhered to it fully. Each week, I have tackled certain issues and my goal is to be tracking my macros consistently by end of February. I am down about 11.2 LBS and while I wanted to complain that this is NOT as much as I expected (I have adhered way worse to low carb and done way better but I guess age, babies , yo-yo dieting and such catches up with a person LOL)

My non scale victories:

1. No more cravings.
  2. Emotional eating down by 98%. It’s incredible
  3. Not consumed by food. I have control around food and actually can STOP when I am satisfied
  4. Doing IF more and more and able to do 1-2 meals a day without sugar crash.
  5. Snacking down by 90%. I used to snack like crazy.
  6. No more bloating. I feel good after eating- even larger meals.
  7. Mental clarity. I no longer crash in the day and I focus better.
  8. Way more energy. I can keep up with my two kids under 2 years old and actually NOT feel a slump. It’s awesome.
  9. Clothes a little loose (My most disappointing one because I have such amazing results with eating low carb in the past with way less dedication. then again, I need to do better!and stop being “weight-loss entitled” :joy:)
  10. No Food Regime countdown. I have always felt like my healthy eating streaks had an expiration date to them. Perhaps it’s the high fat on Keto but I truly feel satiated, happy and at ease. I don’t feel like I am missing out. I used to think that people were making it up when they said this ! But I totally get it now. And THIS is the most important NSV for me. It’s what I have always wanted. So grateful :pray:t5:

(Elizabeth ) #14

We have a saying, 99% zero carb sucks, 100% is easy :slight_smile:

(Nola Stowe) #15

I read alot here but have never posted. I’ve done Keto for a year and lost 20lbs but seemed like I was not losing. I studied carnivore and decided to try it.

Only 2 weeks in, but I have lost 5lbs and a total of about 5.5 inches combined from my neck, waist, thighs, calfs. I’m experimenting with two meals a day and OMAD. I’ve done some 5 day fasts in the past year too.

I love how easy this is, I don’t have to bake with almond flour (turns out it inflames me) or coconut flour (better for me)… i never did get into the sweeteners because I am not a sweet tooth person (unless … its has chocolate and pb, but I can resist if i try).

I got a keto-mojo and started taking my ketone level with different food/drink to see what it showed. Comparing to keto it is sometimes too low or 0.2, but I think i had more protein than fat those days. I’m still experimenting.

Thanks for all the information ya’ll share :slight_smile:

(Cathrine Helle) #16

I’ve been ZC for the last 6-ish months and have lost about 10-11 kg (22-24 lbs). This puts me in the normal weight BMI category, and I’m about two kg away from what my Inbody-scan showed that I should weigh (granted, this scan was done years ago). I’m not too hung up on the weight tho, I could lose doing many different things (as long as it’s low carb), I’m ZC mostly to simplify my life.

I eat beef, eggs, poultry, fish, pork, butter and some liver. And that’s basically it. I still haven’t given up coffee tho, but cut back a lot. I still cook for my family, and sometimes it’s a bit sad not to eat the same as they do, but ZC has so many other benefits that outweigh the cons. I do miss dairy, which I no longer have despite it being ZC (except butter, I still have that). I think it might trigger my eczema, but I’m not entirely sure. I need to wait for my skin to reach perfect before trying to reintroduce anything.

The biggest pros (for me) are:
Improved energy
Mental stability
Less eczema
No bloating (unless too much coffee)
No pain (unless too much coffee)

(Jill F.) #17

Same here in a lot of things. No bloating unless I eat a whole bag of pork skins in one sitting! Very little actual feelings of hunger, already had to go down 1 pants size and about to go down another in just 7 weeks. My wedding ring is about to fall off! I am literally shrinking everywhere! I have loads of energy and my body moved into 18/6 IF on it’s own. It has been amazing!

(LB) #18

I just realized that I posted under the Zero Carbs posting :see_no_evil:. Clearly, I did not realize that detail so my post was morning in the right place !

Is zero carb “carnivore”?

(Elizabeth ) #19

It’s kind of an unfortunate name, but a decade ago when first people on social media really started getting together that we’re eating carnivore, they decided on the term zero carb to differentiate from low carb. Carnivore for a lot of people simply implies I eat meat but also other things as well.