Saving and reheating BPC?

(jilliangordona) #1

Long story short, I have a not so pleasant roommate who is still asleep when I am up for work. I just started drinking the stuff this weekend. Anyone have experience saving and reheating the stuff? I’d love to not use my blender in the morning.

Thanks!

(Amanda Jones) #2

I put mine in the fridge overnight once and reheated the next morning, and it tasted fine. :slight_smile:

(G. Andrew Duthie) #3

Haven’t tried pre-blending and saving for later, but I know from experience that even coffee with just HWC will separate when stored in the fridge.

Without some kind of emulsifier, BPC will almost certainly separate as well, so you’d probably still need to blend it again.

Stick mixer would be quieter than a blender, if that helps. :grinning:

(Guardian of the bacon) #4

I have a Stanley brand Qt thermos that is battered and beaten and a Stanley 20 OZ travel Mug. They both keep hot drinks hot for over 12 hours. They work especially well if preheated with hot water.

I shake mine vigorously in a Mason jar mug with lid if I’m trying to be quiet.

(Vesa McD) #6

I use a frappe maker that uses batteries to mix. Quite quiet. Look for a milk frother and you’ll probably find it. I have had 3, and they have cost between 50 cents used, to 15€ new here in Europe. I saw one on amazon.com for under $20. Good luck.

(Caryl) #7

I use a thermos flask - keeps the bpc hot for 12 hours and it doesn’t separate:)

(Bobbie Jo Stinger) #8

I also like to keep the house quiet in the morning, I have found that using a protein shake cup with a metal whisk ball in it works fantastic for mixing my BPC. Just make sure you close it tight before shaking and use caution when opening.

(jilliangordona) #9

Thank you so much for all of your help!