Sausage

(traci simpson) #21

I do not.

(Running from stupidity) #22

As some genius once said: ā€œThe worst meat is better than the best bread, so just buy the meat you can affordā€”donā€™t stress about grass-fed, organic, etcā€¦ā€

(traci simpson) #23

They donā€™t use any sugar in their meat and I can afford it, but thatā€™s just me.

(Confused!) #24

Hi mark,

I now have a ketone monitor. Measured 1.4 first thing this morning. Iā€™ve eat 3 heck sausages, 2 rashers of bacon and 2 eggs. Retest after 15 minutes and was 0.8.

This is my fourth week and not loads at all this week.

Any advise?

Thanks

Dawn

(bulkbiker) #25

Great you are in nutritional ketosisā€¦ carry on as beforeā€¦ donā€™t chase numbers they fluctuate all dayā€¦
if you are registering ketones you are in ketosisā€¦ it really is that simple (whatever anyone else may tell you).

(bulkbiker) #26

But they donā€™t sell sausages do they?
Canā€™t see mention of any on their websiteā€¦

(Confused!) #27

Oh I was a bit concerned as thought I should show between 1.5-3

Itā€™s so frustrating doing everything I can and having no lose and no control over the scales.

(bulkbiker) #28

That stupid pictorial has caused a lot of unnecessary stressā€¦
You are in ketosisā€¦ donā€™t worry about it just enjoy the benefits pleaseā€¦

(Confused!) #29

Thank you. Really appreciate youā€™re advise

(bulkbiker) #30

No worries happy to help.

(traci simpson) #31

They sell ground breakfast sausage

(bulkbiker) #32

I.e. ground pork?
I think we may have a transatlantic translation differenceā€¦ in the UK this is sausage

(Allie) #33

Breakfast sausage seems to be burgers made of pork :thinking: Definitely a lost in translation thing going on :joy:

(Confused!) #34

Me again!

Preparing for a move so last few days have been like this:

Sunday

2 small pieces of chicken
Steak, 1 sausage and a small slice of belly pork with mayo.

Monday

3 small chunks of cheddar cheese
1 x sausage
1 x belly pork
Half portion of doner kebab meat
1 x battered spam fritter

On both of these days I have taken 2 x O.R.S hydration electrolyte tablets -blackcurrant dissolvable

Iā€™ve today put 2lbs on and keto level is 0.7

Obviously the spam fitter was a no no but Iā€™ve only started eaten sausage and taking the supplement Iā€™ve the last 2 days

Whatā€™s your take on this.

Thanks again.

(bulkbiker) #35

No Idea but my weight can go up and down by 2 pounds within a day due to drinks, transit issues (poop), stressā€¦ Iā€™m guessing as you are moving you are fairly stressedā€¦?
Whatā€™s in the hydration tablets?
And yes the batter wonā€™t have helped.
Are you weighing yourself at the same time ?

(Confused!) #36

The hydration tablets have 4 net carbs but concerned about sugar content. Started them as started with headaches and I drink a large about of water.

Yeah I weigh myself at the same time.
I donā€™t feel stressed.
Sorry to be so needy but Iā€™m totally frustrated.

(bulkbiker) #37

I can understand the frustration but does 2 pounds really matter in the long run? as you know you are on the way to healthā€¦ that is surely the important thingā€¦ I have been in the same 10 pound range for the past 2 yearsā€¦ its not where I want to be but my body is obviously happy here. I can try and force it to be where I want but am I fighting a losing battle?

(Confused!) #38

It shouldnā€™t but Iā€™m not happy with my size and going on holiday in a couple of months and wanted to feel better.

(bulkbiker) #39

Tried some fasting ?

(Confused!) #40

Prior to Friday I had been eating one meal a day and completed a 24 hour fast on Saturday/Sunday.