Runkeeper and couch to 1/2 marathon

(Andrew Anderson) #1

It happen, I got interested in moving on purpose. I swore I would only run if a dog was chasing me, but I have energy and needed a goal. Indianapolis has a half marathon opportunity in November and I signed up! The app I bought starts slow, it’s a 24 week program. It is called Runkeeper, there is a free version as well.
Does anyone else use this app? There is a way to share runs with friends, could be fun accountability. I don’t plan on flooding Keto threads with my Flash like 2 mile jogs at a 12 min pace updates. :wink:

Oh please do keep us informed on your couch to marathon journey! I’m interested! :runner::+1:

Cool! Gotta have goals to stay in the game…let us know how it’s going!

(Rein) #4

I’m on Runkeeper! It’s a pretty decent app. You can add me via e-mail reinoudschuijers@gmail.com

(Casey Brown) #5

I am also from Indy! I’ve done the Hendricks County half two times (slower than molasses) but I do also want to do the Monumental in November.

i am doing my first half marathon next saturday if you want a runkeeper friend my sn is smwentum or anyone else in the group

(Jason Cordier) #7

First, nice work on getting moving. Strava is a good one to share your runs. I’m all the way is south Korea, but can search me out if you like. I’m currently doing some zone 2 training, not much, but maybe 30km a week. That means super slow too. Has been fantastic, as does not really deplete my energy with fasting and a super hectic life at moment.

(Ellie Baum) #8

I’m signed up for that half too! I’ve done them before, but that is set to be my first this year. You all should jump on Strava. Easy to share, encourage, and it’s got a good interface.

(Ellie Baum) #9

Ha, just saw this

(Andrew Anderson) #10

Quick update. I got behind a couple weeks traveling for work then got back on it. Yesterday I alternated running and walking for 45 mins and went 3.5 miles 10 hours fasted! Today was just a 2 mile, running a 1/4 and walking a 1/4. This is shaping up to be a fun summer!

(ianrobo) #11

should remind everyone on Strava there is a 2KD group

(Andrew Anderson) #12

Still working toward the goal, slowly. I had an epic food fail at a restaurant by assuming the buffalo wings were safe today. I’m new but not that new, so brain lapse. I ingested at least 60carbs😰

Good news is I ran 4.25 miles tonight at a snails pace. By BG was 88 and BK 1.0. I am doing a carb penance fast now.