Roasting your own coffee beans

This is brilliant @farmgirl. I’m going to get some green beans, roast them myself.

I buy beans, grind and make my coffee at home in a variety of coffee makers. So, doing the roasting steps as you explained sounds simple enough. I like your choice of African, beans too. Nice!!

(Arlene) #22

My most recent order cost aprox. 6.50/lb. to my door. It is Ethiopian Yirgacheffe, fair trade, and organic. Maybe your taste buds are more finely-tuned than mine, but I have enjoyed this variety each and every time I order it. I haven’t had problems with mold issues either. This is the best coffee I have ever tasted. That’s why I keep going back to it. My neighbor is so hooked that she has to bring it in a thermos to work because she just can’t stand her work’s free coffee anymore. Bummer, I guess I’m guilty of creating yet another coffee snob. :slight_smile:
If you aren’t willing to risk the large order of 50 lbs., perhaps you could find a few friends to share the order with you, like I do. It helps with the overall cost when it’s shared.

(Arlene) #23

Fiorella, Did you ever get those green beans to roast?

No not yet darnit! I gotta do that!