Rings

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #1

This is my new, size 8.5 wedding ring. My old, size 10 ring, would barely stay on my finger.

(Lazy, Dirty Keto šŸ˜) #2

Yay congrats! Thatā€™s an awesome non-scale victory!

(Troy) #3

I would like to add in another NSV
Some smooth looking skin there and strong looking nails :smile:

I have the same ring issue, keeps falling off in the shower. I have been married 30 years so tells me I am smaller now than I was 30 years ago, something I would have never thought possible.

(Bob M) #5

Congratulations on the size issue! I also use my ring as a gauge. It can tell me whether Iā€™m inflamed for instance. I donā€™t think I can lose enough weight to have to have it resized (was heavier but not as heavy as I ended up getting), but weā€™ll see.

(Michelle) #6

I had mine sauntered together which seems to make them feel a size smaller. We celebrated 20 years this year, and having too-big wedding rings makes me feel pretty proud!

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #7

I work at a desk, Iā€™ve always had smooth hands. My poor wife, the florist, on the other handā€¦

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #8

Congrats. We are a mere 13 years of wedded bliss, or sth like that. If my wife had the same problem, we would get them resized. My old ring was titanium, and the new one is tungsten and wood. I think Iā€™ve technically downgraded, as the previous one was maybe $100 in 2005, and this one was <$30. And yet, I like the weight and solidity of more functional medals.

(Brian) #9

Silicone wedding rings are becoming more popular among people like mechanics and electricians where a metal ring can be dangerous.

:slight_smile:

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #10

@ctviggen Yeah, I think I go to a size 9 when Iā€™m inflamed. When Iā€™m super clean, the old ring would just fall off over the knuckle.

@Alley I was losing my ring in my pocket, in anything I was mixing with my hands, even just typing. A size and a half. I suspect that I was never really a 10, but a 9.5 who had never worn a ring before marriage and didnā€™t get how they should fit.

@Bellyman As a keyboard jockey, thatā€™s not my problem, but yeah, when I had the titanium, my evil sister in law would send me news items about folks who had to have them cut off after they were crushed around the fingerā€¦ mildly glad my wife and her are mostly estranged.

(Chris) #11

I finally lost my wedding ring wednesday (2nd, OG was lost a few years back in a weightloss related incident). Wife seems pissed, but it was only a 17 dollar job from Amazon this time. I kind of view it as a badge of honor. Its been falling off for awhile, but it magically disappeared after -112lbs. I ordered a silicone one this time.

(Bob M) #12

Iā€™ve seen formulas for waist loss per pound, such as you have to lose 10 pounds to lose one inch off your waist. (Let me seeā€¦Iā€™ve lost about 50 pounds and went from about 43-inch waist pants to 36 pantsā€¦doesnā€™t quite work.) I wonder if thereā€™s such a thing for ring sizes?

112 pounds is a lot, thatā€™s definitely ring-losing weight.

I have a fancy platinum ring. My wife would not be happy if I lost it. I ā€œlostā€ it by taking it off to do some house work, and could not find it for months. Now, I take it off and only put it in one of three places and no others (though one of those places is where I ā€œlostā€ it the first time).

FYI for anyone thatā€™s not quite settled at a new ring-weight, I used these to pretty good success:

I think theyā€™re easier on womenā€™s rings (skinnier bands), but it works on menā€™s too.

Here I thought we were going to be talking about onion rings

(Bob M) #15

Speaking of that, I bought a new fryer and some beef tallow. Weā€™re trying fried chicken this Sunday based on the recipe here:

I was thinking of fried cheese (mozzarella sticks maybe) and onion rings also. Weā€™ll have to see what thatā€™s like, though.

Congrats! Iā€™m now on my 3rd wedding ring lol

Third marriage to or just rings? Lol

Rings lol