Right side over development- what to do?

(Straight outta ‘Straya’) #1

I’ve found that my right arm/shoulder have become over developed in the last month or so. I tried isolating exercises to my left arm and I am choosing to use my left hand/arm for as much as possible but find my right side consistently stiffening or bunching up as if to assist/compensate for the left.

Suggestions welcome

(TJ Borden) #2

I generally try to avoid unnecessary exercise. Seems to work fine.

(Candy Lind) #3

:rofl: My brother from another mother :rofl:

One word: Physiotherapist

(Allie) #5

You need to make sure there’s no physical issue causing it (I love my regular chiropractor and see a sports therapist if needed) then in training always train the weaker side first, push to the limit then when you train the stronger side, just match the reps done on the weaker side.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #6

Remember our motto: No pain . . . no pain. :rofl:

(Straight outta ‘Straya’) #7

Well there is some muscle imbalance but the key of my issue is bursitis it seems. Getting scans today but in the interim I’m working on posture, doing gentle work on my left side and letting it do more tasks and otherwise resting for now

(Straight outta ‘Straya’) #8

Annnnd the results are in!

Right shoulder cuff partial tear, plus tendinitis. Left shoulder bursitis and tendinitis.

I’m off exercise for at least a week just to let the swelling and inflammation go down before I start some gentle rehab etc exercises.

On the other hand, day 2 of fasting winding up. Bring on day 3 and all the Autophagy that my body brings with it.