Resistance to sunburn on Keto

(Empress of the Unexpected) #122

I live in California - so not so much compared to the rest of the country. When I was five, we drove back east. That was total body mosquito bites. Now, just the feet.

(Susan) #123

I had on long pants, and a tshirt, the back of my neck has some too, it is itchy and some my arms tooā€¦ but a lot on my feet! I was in the backyard with my grand daughter she was on the swing set, I was sitting in a chair, so yesā€¦ oh well!

(Empress of the Unexpected) #124

Okay, as our moms would say: ā€œDonā€™t scratch.ā€

(Susan) #125

Yes I knowā€¦ hard to not rub the feet together to scratch them on both feet, isnā€™t it? haha.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #126

I thought I was the only oneā€¦Isnā€™t that how crickets make noise - rubbing their feet together?

(Susan) #127

Hehehe, I know I am sitting here at the computer doing that, no lovely melodious music though!

Got itchy ankles ? Blame Aedes aegypti, also known as the yellow fever mosquito or more aptly dubbed the ā€™ ankle biter .

I tested this finally . . . I always wear long pants backpacking but last week I hiked all day long in the Mojave Desert for 6 strait days with my white legs and I got a little tan but did not get any sun burn. And this is with light colored sandy soil all around so that I needed sunglasses.

(Arlene) #130

Wow! I never tested the sun to the extent you did, however I am very fair-skinned. The sun has always given me terrible sun burns, all my life in as little as 15 minutes. After leaving grains and sugars behind, I found I could work for hours and hours out in the garden all day, all summer in a tank top and shorts. Never did I suffer any burns, but I did need to stay salted and hydrated.
Too bad for the sunscreen makers. Many of us now understand the improper diet that leads to sun sensitivity, and we also know how much we need the vitamin D and MANY other benefits from the life-giving sun. I LOVE it when truth comes out!

I was off keto for the last two weeks and started back yesterday. I noticed taking my classes outside that my face ended up getting more pink than it has since Iā€™ve started keto.

I would imagine that keto helps with reducing the signs and symptoms of rosacea as Iā€™ve not had as much redness, inflammation, or a rash when Iā€™ve been in ketosis.