Red wine balsamic reduction recipe requested

(Brandon Schenz) #1

Ok, I have some lovely New York strips, and thought that it was time to play with a red wine balsamic reduction for it. Anyone have a recipe they go to for this?

(Jacquie) #2

After I sear and cook the steaks, I add some balsamic vinegar to the pan and boil the alcohol away until it becomes syrupy and then add lots of butter. I don’t use specific amounts of either as it changes all the time. Just remember balsamic vinegar has sugar, so add enough butter to counter that. Taste it and see if it needs more butter. :slight_smile:

I’d just use red wine (without any balsamic vinegar) to deglaze the pan (just need a bit to cover the bottom of the pan a few millimetres. Then let the mixture thicken while scraping the bottom of pan with wooden spoon. Add a few tablespoons butter and chopped fresh parsley.

I agree with those above, balsamic has a lot of sugar so I’ve avoided it, but whenever I’ve made a reduction I simply add the wine/vinegar to the drippings and boil until it’s concentrated then finish with some butter. Before keto I would take a bottle of balsamic and simmer it until syrup consistency then store this in a mason jar. This concentrate is tasty on so many things both savory and sweet dishes. Now I just enjoy steaks with salt, pepper and butter!