Recommended omega 3 supplement and cooking oil

(Oded Shopen) #1

Hi,
I’m looking for a good omega 3 supplement, preferably from amazon since I’m that’s easiest for me to order. I found this:

Dr. Tobias Omega 3 Fish Oil Triple Strength, Burpless, Non-GMO, 180 Counts https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CAZAU62/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_LqYHybN4FPXYZ

But could not find any discussion on it in the forum.

I also want to find a good cooking oil, I understand macadamia and avocado oils are good. It’s hard to find macadamia oil in my country so again I look to amazon but I could not find something that is a clear recommendation. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Ketovangelist Kitchen with Brian Williamson and Carrie Brown recently did a podcast on oils that gave me a lot of insight, but I’m not much of a cook.

My favorite cooking oil is lard. I render it from packages of pork fat that I can find at a local grocery store. It’s pretty versatile.

(Andrew Fawcett) #4

I like Ghee (clarified butter) for most things. Pork fat is also quite nice for certain things. You can make ghee yourself quite easily but I am kind of lazy so I just buy a can of it about once a month. Home made ghee does tend to taste better but also spoils more quickly for some reason.

(Mark) #5

I like Avocado oil for cooking,high smoke point,and examine.com has good supplement reviews on their site

Pork lard and beef tallow. I get the fat for free from a butcher (otherwise ends up in the trash bin). Here’s how to do an easy peasy fast rendering in preparation for cooking…