Receiving Multiple Unwanted Summary Emails

(Chris) #122

A sane and productive reply, thank you.

(James) #123

Iā€™m also getting a number of emails every day but itā€™s really not that much trouble to delete them while the problem is going on. Iā€™ve worked supporting hosting and email servers for many years and know that this problem can take time to correct.

What should have happened after a few hours after being noticed is to disable the servers email functionality. That is very easy to do and would prevent days of people getting ā€œjunkā€ emails. If your hosting provider has trouble doing this then you REALLY need to find a new hosting provider.

This is now causing people to delete their accounts as well as list the new server as ā€œspamā€ which will affect itā€™s ability to send future emails successfully. A simple clipped post on the forum saying email functionality has been disabled while this issue is being worked on would have prevented a lot of angry users.

(less is more, more or less) #124

Like many of you, I am receiving a steady stream of ā€œSummaryā€ emails from this forum. I can empathize with how annoying this can be, particularly when Iā€™ve done all the right things within my accountā€™s preferences to prevent them from coming to my inbox. Of course, I get that.

Yet.

This forum is very popular. It has a lot of traffic. Some of you are in the website development and hosting business. As you know, itā€™s one thing to provision a website, itā€™s quite another thing to manage one that has scaled to the popularity that this one has. Itā€™s privately funded with no ostensible means for raising money.

The Ketogenic Forums exists because the Keto Dudes + Dudette passionately believe in the mission of a broader and welcoming keto community.

I get these multiple-times-a-day emails are annoying, but given how well this forum has been historically managed, a little patience will go a long way until we resolve this issue. And I remain grateful to Carl, Richard and Carrie for all theyā€™ve done to promote keto and low-carb living.

We will be locking this thread. Weā€™ve confirmed this issue and @richard has said theyā€™re working on addressing it. Again, we beg your patience.

(less is more, more or less) closed #125

(Andi McNamara) #126

Iā€™m getting 5+ Email notifications in a row. All day long. I go to preferences and under notifications I donā€™t see an option to turn them off. How do I shut this off? Thanks!!!

How Fasting Allows The Brain To Recharge Itself
pinned globally #128

(Paul Melzer) #130

Starting this morning Iā€™ve begun receiving many ā€œSince your last visitā€ emails. Strange, and even after Iā€™ve gone in and unsubscribed Iā€™m still getting them about two per hour. Iā€™d rather not assign ketogenic.com emails to the spam bin, but may have to.

Help?

Agree. Have received 12 so far today. Changed settings, how do we stop this?

(Paul Melzer) #132

Glad to hear this, Cliff (not glad that youā€™re also experiencing this, but that it appears to be a site glitch as opposed to something I did [by not doing anything at all]).

(DN) #133

Yes same here. Thought the forum changed something. Apparently itā€™s a glitch. I am sure the admins will get it worked out. Glad you brought it up though.

(Scott) #134

The server is doing it to see how many people can start new threads to bother the admins. The test continuesā€¦

(Bunny) #135

I never experienced any kind of problems at all because maybe I clear my cookies and cacheā€¦lol

Maybe the information stored in the cookies and cache from the old website is confusing the new web server or one little piece of code is trip hammering everything else like dominos or sumptin like that?

I use to transfer entire websites to new servers and reinstall the SQL databaseā€¦ so burned out on webmastering!

5 more since 1st post. Glad to see the sight is active because it is a good one.

(cat gilliland) #138

Iā€™ve gotten a dozen ā€œsince your last visitā€ emails today.
my Activity Summary - When I donā€™t visit here, send me an email summary of popular topics and replies
still shows ā€œevery two weeksā€ selected, so there is a glitch somewhere in the notification system.

(Running from stupidity) #139

Good thing we donā€™t already have a heap of threads about this that a quick search, or even a scan of subject lines in this subforum, would reveal.

(Cindy) #140

Do I detect a note of sarcasm? :wink:

Iā€™m not getting any emails (thatā€™s ok with me!), but who knowsā€¦maybe theyā€™re already going to my spam box.

(Running from stupidity) #141

CINDY!

(Cindy) #142

You called? What? LOL

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) closed #145