Receiving Multiple Unwanted Summary Emails

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #1

The email problem may be returning. The tech guys are on it already, so hopefully the issue will be over shortly. Thanks for your patience! (March 22 edit)

Many members have suddenly started receiving multiple unwanted emails.This glitch is an aftereffect of moving the forums to a new Web host.

The admins on the site are not the site’s computer techs, so we cannot tell you how much longer this problem will persist. The computer techs are working on the problem.

The best solution at present is to set up your e-mail client so that anything arriving from certain addresses goes straight to trash. It’s a great aid to one’s peace of mind, let me tell you.

If you can’t wait until the problem is solved or direct the emails to trash instead of the inbox, the only other alternative that we have been able to think of is to delete your account. Let us know if that is what you would like us to do.

What's going on with hundreds (exaggeration) of emails daily?

Within the last week, or so, I’ve been getting daily (and sometimes multiple times per day) “forum summaries”. In the past, they seemed to only come in monthly. Anyone else experiencing this? Is there a way to go back to monthly?

@Carikate, we’ve been doing a host migration the last few day, and a software upgrade to the latest version of Discourse.

We’ve hit a few bumps in the road, but hopefully everything will be sorted out in the next few days.

You might want to check your preferences page, to see if any of your settings were changed, and need to be reset.

Thank you for the prompt reply! I will check :blush:.

(Nico) #5

I unsubscribed from all emails, but sill receiving daily(?) “Summary” emails. Can someone assist here or how should I raise this issue?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #6

You’ve raised it. I edited your preferences to try to shut them off. If you are still getting e-mails tomorrow, send me a private message, and I’ll look into it further.

(Pete Shearer) #7

This keeps happening for me, too. I’ve changed preferences, unsubscribed completely, and I keep getting them. It used to be after a prolonged absence and was only occasionally, but now it is daily and even when I visit.

This only started semi-recently and there is definitely a bug somewhere. I don’t want to mark them spam, but I will, because that’s what they are at this point.

I’m having the exact same issue. Tried unsubscribing, editing preference multiple times and I still keep getting them once or twice a day.

(Melanie Mclaughlin) #9

Me too. When I tried to email about this I got this message:

We’re sorry, but your email message to [“forums@www.ketogenicforums.com”] (titled Re: [Ketogenic Forums] Summary) didn’t work.

None of the destination email addresses are recognized, or the Message-ID header in the email has been modified. Please make sure that you are sending to the correct email address provided by staff.

Same here! I get these update daily now, which I never at any time signed up for. I have unsubscribed every day this week. It makes no difference. I still get an email everyday! How can I make this stop?

(bryan vandyke) #11

Any ETA on a fix? Made sure I was unsubscribed and the emails went from one a day to 3 in the last 24 hours.

-bryan

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #12

My understanding was that the backup server has been turned off, and that the e-mails should have stopped. I will look at everyone’s settings, just to be sure, and if you are still getting the unwanted e-mails by 8 p.m. on March 11, 2019 ( which is midnight, GMT), then the only other solution I can offer is to delete your account, so that you can subscribe fresh. Not ideal, but it should work.

If you can possibly direct emails from the forums into your trash folder as they arrive, that would be the better solution. I don’t know about other e-mail front ends, but Outlook lets you set up a rule (I believe that’s what they still call it) to deal with unwanted e-mails automatically, as soon as they arrive.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #13

@Pete, @anon23572658, @Melanie2, @anon82178291 I can’t see anything in your profiles to warrant the system’s sending you e-mails. You might want to consider proceeding as outlined in my previous message.

@bryanv I edited the preferences in your profile to make sure you shouldn’t get any e-mails. You might want to give the system a day or two to catch up with the change.

All of you, please note that the system is still catching up with the change to the new server. I am getting notifications for messages and new posts that occurred days ago. It may simply take a few more days for the system to work through everything and catch up with the changes to your profiles, I really don’t know. I’m not sure anyone does.

At any rate, many thanks for your patience with this glitch, and I hope that we are now seeing the light at the end of the tunnel (and that it’s not a train barreling down on us, please God!).

Thank you for looking into this, Paul. Do you mind deleting my account, and then I can just start it fresh.
Thanks!

Same here. Suddenly about a week ago I started getting daily summaries. For months I had been getting one email a week. . I can’t figure out how/where to tchange the setting Can someone tell me and I will give it a shot. Or feel free to change it for me. Thanks.

I’m getting a couple a day now. Can’t see anything on my email settings to change as none are set to receive them.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #17

@anon8258863, @baconbun I edited your profiles, and deselected every e-mail option. If you don’t stop getting e-mails and want to start fresh, I can delete your current accounts.

@anon23572658, I’m going to delete your account. Try again, and let me know how it goes.

For anyone who wants to know, the circled check boxes should shut off the flow of e-mails when they are unchecked. Go to your profile, click on “Preferences” and then “Emails.”

(JB ) #18

I’m a bit frustrated as I am getting daily emails from the Ketogenic forum that are overwhelming me. I have searched high and low trying to find if there is a way to limit the number of emails. There is no way for me to do this. I love the forum and don’t mind getting a few emails a week but everyday is too much!

Can anyone help me with this? Yes, I know I can direct the emails to go to my spam folder. I don’t want to do that. I just want fewer emails.

Thanks,
Judith

(Christy) #19

I am using the mobile version but, I assume the desktop version is similar?

Please excuse my rusty markup skills :flushed:

(Christy) #20