Receiving Multiple Unwanted Summary Emails

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #82

@Ann_Red Ann have you tried redirecting your KetoForum mails into a spam folder until we get things sorted? We’re sorry that there are some glitches while the site makes some changes. If you tell us what email you are using we may be able to help you do this. Thank you for your patience.

(Ann Redfern) #83

Hi, thanks I will try that. My email address is: annredfern@me.com

Kind regards

Ann

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #84

This might help

I’m trying to opt out of forum summaries. I believe I know what I’m doing, and I’ve now done it several times.

The rate of summaries INCREASES now, rather than stops.

Delete my account, please, and stop all emails. I’m sorry, but I don’t need this abuse, and the mails are now filtered as “junk”.

Thanks

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #86

Are you still getting emails in you inbox now that you’ve marked them as junk?

We believe this problem will be over in a few days. We can still delete your account if you want us to, but just want to be sure that’s what you want first.

(Running from stupidity) #87

My question, as well. If so, something needs doing right.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #88

Coconutty, account deleted as requested.

(Kate) #89

I am having the same problem. I changed my settings and then unsubscribed but it did not help.
My email is kmillercl16@gmail.com.
One update a week is plenty. Anything more than that is too much.Thanks for your help.

I’m getting emails every few hours now, if deleting my account will stop them , please do it. I’m a little afraid that won’t wven make them stop, hoping there is a contact info on the emails to let you know if they keep coming.

I don t think asking people to put up with this for an indefinite time or suggesting they use their own spam filters is reasonable.

(annie) #91

Hi. I’ve received 12 summary updates in the last 24 hours. I’ve unsubscribed through the emails and also on my profile page.

It’s making me reluctant to interact with this forum, which is a shame as this has been a great resource <3

Hi Paul. Would it be possible for you to delete my account as well? Thanks.

(Michael Cunningham) #93

I’d like to add my name to the list of people getting hourly emails updates from the forum! I’ve disabled all emails and they are still coming.

(Vanessa) #94

Same here. I have everything unchecked and they still keep coming.

(Ginger's KetoInThe.UK) #95

getting summaries every 3 hours now… everything disabled in my forum preferences of course…

I came here as I thought I was the only one getting bombarded by these summaries, even tohugh I have everything off and have unsubscribed to them to. Up to 5 today. Any update on the fix from the server side?

(Annemieke van der Veen) #97

Hi. I am receiving multiple mails per day. Help!

(Chad) #98

I too am affected by this email bug. message every ~4 hrs.

The issue is still being looked into.

Unfortunately, not sure how long before have a resolution.

(Chris Setla) #100

I changed my email address to a throwaway email address. Not my preferred way of fixing this, but enough is enough. And yes, I had to respond to the forum email sent to confirm the address. I responded and then deleted the email… any further emails will simply be accepted and trashed by the email service I selected.

Naturally, any important email sent to me from this forum will get placed in the bitbucket, so I will never see it. Once the problem has been corrected, I’ll change my email address back to the “real” email address.

I used Mailinator, but there are more providers of this service out there.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #101

Thanks Chris for your patience, problem solving and for sharing your tip with the group. Smart thinking. :+1: