Receiving Multiple Unwanted Summary Emails

(Christy) #21

(J House) #22

I have been getting the summary emails up to 4 or 5 times a day.

I have un-checked everything in my profile and hit the unsubscribe link multiple times.

Itā€™s basically just spamming me now.

Iā€™ve gotten 3 summaries today already.
1:29 AM
7:55 AM
12:46 PM

Deleting an account should not be the solution. Something is wrong with your back-end.

Not to be harsh, but if I have to delete my account for this to stop, I donā€™t think Iā€™ll be re-creating it.

(Janelle) #23

Completely agree. I work with software. That would and should never be a ā€œsolutionā€. Until itā€™s fixed, Iā€™d recommend redirecting these pesky emails to a spam filter.

I got a live notification today for the first time and I have that disabled.

(William Croft) #25

This happening to me DAILY multiple times. Even though my Preferences settings checkbox is turned off for Summaries.

CAN YOU PLEASE stop this.

(Jon Sagara) #26

I, too, am getting these about every ~6 hours. I tried clearing all of my email settings as mentioned in the other thread (sorry, I should have replied there), and Iā€™m still getting these summary emails.

If I try to unsubscribe from the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email, it just refreshes the page with the checkbox still checked:

This is pretty bad.

(Amy) #27

Iā€™m also getting multiple summaries after unsubscribing.

(Charlene) #28

Include me as a recipient of many unwanted emails. I really donā€™t mind receiving the occasional update, but tried to unsubscribe last week when the onslaught became unbearable. Still receiving multiple emails daily. Hopefully they stop as of midnight tonight.
Cheers

(JB ) #29

Geez! I donā€™t know why I couldnā€™t see that button. Itā€™s as if it was invisible! Reminds me of my daughter and husband swearing to me there was no ā€œxā€ in the pantry or the fridge. I would open the door and they would stand there is shock- they never saw it and it was right in front of their face! :roll_eyes:

I had the weekly preference set but I redid it just for grins.

Thank you so much for your help Christy! I had tried to do something on both my mobile and desktop. Iā€™m good now. I will know tomorrow.

Please see if you can make my emails stop or delete my account. Thank you.

(Peter Demarest) #31

Same thing happening here.

The more I use the forum the more Summaries Iā€™m getting. It use to be a couple a week or even less and today I got FOUR of them. I would rather not disable it but . . .

@Hap I believe all this erratic behavior is caused by the recent forum migration to another hosting service.

The notifications today, have been really crazy, but they seem to be catching up to real-time, not from several days ago.

This makes me think the email notifications will clear up soon.

:crossed_fingers:

(Doug Morris) #34

Same for me. Started getting forum summaries too often (weekly) so I unsubscribed. Now Iā€™m getting 4 a day. :upside_down_face:

(Kieny Poppen) #35

Same problem here!

(Dameon Welch-Abernathy) #36

I have that option disabled and I am still receiving emails daily.

(Adam Foard) #37

Me too, Iā€™m getting several summaries every day, Iā€™ve checked all my settings.

We switched the forum over to another host server, and they do that by taking a copy of the forum, put that on the new server, and then slowing sync the two until the new server is up to date. (or so I think)

So we have a plethora of notifications, because itā€™s a big forum, but the old copy has now been turned off, and I believe the influx of notifications weā€™ve seen lately is just the new copy catching up.

Frustrating, I know, I do apologize. But I believe it will be over soon.

ā€œSoonā€ what does that mean? Not exactly sure whether that means a day, two, or five, but relatively soon.

Again, my apologies.

(Christy) #39

Haha! Same with my son & husbandā€¦ I always say, ā€œIt isnā€™t lost unless Mom canā€™t find it.ā€ :slightly_smiling_face:

Youā€™re very welcome. I hope you got it taken care of!

(Sheila) #40

Me too. So annoying.