Rebel Creamery Open for Orders

(Josh Close) #1

The Rebel Creamery site just opened for orders. Free shipping if you buy a case. I’m way too excited about this. I bought 2 cases and will be requesting all my local stores to carry it.

(Diane) #2

Yeah! I’m so excited. Here in Utah, there’s a local grocery chain (Harmon’s) that highlights the products it carries which are produced locally. They’re set to start carrying Rebel Creamery products in September.

Thanks for the tip. Will look for it at Harmon’s in September. I had the opportunity to taste-test it a few months ago. Great ice cream!

(Helen Sandven) #4

just got my first shipment of Chocolat Chip Mint Rebel Ice Cream-arrived rock hard and beautifully packed. only problem is that it’s so good that I ate a whole pint. highly recommend; much better than Halo Top.worth the hassle of having to order online.

(Deborah ) #5

Unfortunately, not carried by my local stores (I’ll be making a request). Shipping is crazy expensive (understandably for ice cream, I guess) at $18.99 w/a 4 pint minimum.

They’re currently sold out of Cookie Dough and Peanut Butter Fudge.

(Helen Sandven) #6

I ordered a carton and price came to $51 w/ shipping. came to around $6.40/pint. not cheap but the taste is to die for…also woke up this am w/ ketones 3.1, so it didn’t kick me out.

Just made a chocolate milkshake with HWC. It was delicious. Very malty, dutch processed flavor. Be careful with the dry ice when opening! No tax + $4 shipping was fair. ~$50 for 8 pints. I couldn’t make it myself for much less. Their vanilla, mint chocolate chip, peanut butter fudge, and cookie dough look good too.

(Bob M) #8

No one else is concerned with overeating due to ice cream being one of their downfalls (just after pizza)? Seriously, I’d eat all 8 pints in 2-3 days.

I would consider it for the holidays, though, when everyone else is having dessert. It wouldn’t be bad for birthdays, either, if I could lock my freezer and give the key to a large, rabid doberman.

(Jennifer) #9

Omg, you’re a genius. I’m doing this as soon as I’m done fasting as I am well-stocked with Rebel Ice Cream at the moment. Lol. :blush:

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #10

@ctviggen I make a reasonably solid facsimile of ice cream from heavy whipping cream, frozen berries and some fake sweetener. It’s easy to make (measure by weight, blend with the I-blender, spoon out of blender jar), it’s strictly single portion, as you measure and keep proportion… making more requires cleaning the I-blender or doubling the recipe, so takes intention), and yet, I don’t make it that often. And I am a FIEND for ice cream. FIEND I tell you.

I am considering ordering a case, but I’m concerned about A: getting back into the ice cream habit and going face down and B: it sitting in my freezer for a year, getting all crystalized and nasty.

(Diane) #11

Rebel Creamery ice cream just finally became available locally at Harmon’s in Utah (I love that they support local to Utah companies like Rebel). Yeah!

So far, I’ve tried the Peanut Butter Fudge and Mint Chip flavors. I did eat the entire carton of Peanut Butter Fudge in one sitting. Many, many calories, but just 8 carbs total (I believe) for the whole pint! Really creamy, not very sweet or intense in flavor. Similar experience with the Mint Chip. Not a super intense or aggressive mint, but a bit more complex flavor profile, in my opinion. It’s growing on me, but I don’t feel triggered by the sweetness or flavors into overeating on a regular basis. But not too carby to indulge in once in awhile. I’m thinking of sneaking a pint of Cookie Dough into a movie this afternoon. :grin::grin:

(Ethan) #12

My wife often eats a half-pint of mint for dinner…

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #13

Ah, I’m gonna live dangerously and order a case of mint chip. It’s 6 g a pint net. 32 if we count sugar alcohols as full. I think I can control myself and I will see how it affects progress.

Sounds like a delicious dinner :smile:

(Ethan) #15

It’s actually cost effective, too, at $3

Just saw today that they just added six new flavors. I’m so pleased to see a business that offers low carb, low sugar doing well.

The newest members to the Rebel family are Cookies and Cream, Salted Caramel, Triple Chocolate, Black Raspberry, Cherry Chip and Coconut Almond Swirl.

(Diane) #17

Oooh… I wonder how long it will take for these to show up here in Utah. Last time it was about a month!

(Bob M) #18

I wish they were available where I live, too. This would provide an ice cream I can have when the rest of the family is having real ice cream.

That was why I first tried it once the one store in town started carrying it – I wanted to enjoy a few spoonfuls with family when they were enjoying ice cream. Food can be such a social thing. It connects us with others the same way music or dance might. FYI - mint chip is yummy.

(Central Florida Bob ) #20

I found Rebel in my regular local grocery store yesterday. Normal price you’d pay online, $5.99, except more convenient and no shipping charge (of course, there is sales tax here). Grabbed a pint of vanilla for testing purposes and am pleasantly surprised. It’s really good.

I can’t say not having ice cream ruined life but it’s nice to have now and then. I think next week I grab a pint of the coffee chip. I’m really waiting for the cherry chip or black raspberry.