Rebel Creamery is coming to Wegmans!

Just got an email that our Wegmans will be carrying Rebel Creamery now. Pretty excited. I don’t get it often, but there was only one store across town that would carry it. I tried a couple other brands in the past, but they were much too sweet.

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #2

This is the 2nd best news I’ve heard all day :smiley:

The Rebel had landed!

(Marianne) #4

Just curious - what was the first?

:grin:

(Marianne) #5

I just googled this. I don’t understand the nutritional values. The mint chip, for example indicates 4g net carbs on the container, but the nutritional information on the back says 12g carbs per 1/2 cup serving (?). Four servings in container.

(Jacqueline ) #6

Am I the only one who hasn’t tried Rebel?
I’m afraid to try it!

(Marianne) #7

You and me, both.

:hugs:

Looks enticing but need clarification about the carbs. Plus after almost a year of clean keto, I am afraid that ice cream may ignite my binge mechanism or that I’d want it too often.

(Jacqueline ) #8

YES!! Worded perfectly! I’m doing so well and I’m only 2 weeks in…and I don’t want to sabotage anything!:joy:

The net carb count on the front is for the whole pint, and the nutritional info is per serving.

Total Carbs =12, Subtract 3 fiber, 8 Erythritol = 1 net x 4 servings.

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #10

The fact that I didn’t have to work a full day Friday :joy:

Sorry I am just seeing this but I see others have explained the carb info. :blush:

(Marianne) #12

Ohhhh, I forgot to deduct the “sugar alcohols” or whatever they are (erythritol). Thank you for the reminder.

I try to count total carbs for my plan vs. net carbs.

(Marianne) #13

That is something to celebrate!

(Susan) #14

I am almost a year into Keto and I have never tried it – and probably won’t for a couple of years until I am in Maintenance – because I don’t want to sabotage anything =).

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #15

Well I went to wegmans this morning and I may or may not have bought 3 pints :see_no_evil::joy:

(Jeff S) #16

I was excited when Rebel came to local stores, and I tried it and it tasted pretty good. But Rebel, like the others, has inulin/chicory root as an ingredient. That stuff does not agree with my digestive tract. I have learned to look for it in all products and avoid it. YMMV

I also wonder - as an ingredient, does it serve any purpose other than raising the fiber level to make the net carbs seem more acceptable? Isn’t that like saying, “Here, have a spoonful of sugar and gnaw on this log, because… fiber and net carbs!”