Ready to Quit

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #85

You were probably gaining muscle and bone density, which would offset the weight lost from losing fat. A pound of fat is much less dense than a pound of muscle or bone, so it is easy to lose inches and still not lose weight. You probably know all this, but I’m taking advantage of your comment to educate any new folks who might read this thread.

Our culture has used the term “weight” as a euphemism for “fat” for so long that it corrupts our thinking. What we really need to lose is fat, not just any kind of weight. Losing muscle tissue or having our bones get brittler is not a healthy sort of weight loss.

For those who still aren’t sure, here’s a question: Would you rather have your weight stay the same, but look thirty pounds lighter, or lose thirty pounds and still look the same? Think about it.

(DHrec) #86

Quick update: I’m now able to go much longer with no thoughts of snacking. 2-3 meals per day with plenty of fat and protein is starting to work just fine. The hunger levels have fallen dramatically.
I still don’t look any different and my energy levels ain’t great but it’s 2 steps forward :+1:
Thank you for all the encouragement :heart:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #87

Thank you. :heart: