Reached a plateau seeking help

plateau

(Robert C) #21

Per @gingersmommy - probably need to eat more.

Weight loss from 10/21/2019 to 1/2/2020 was 246 to 210 (36 pounds in about 10 weeks or 3.6 pounds a week).

That (such a significant continual weight loss) is very unlikely on a keto diet eating to satiety.
Instead - that is more likely calorie restriction while eating keto type foods.

Too little calories in (calories should be higher during fat-adaptation) and excessive exercise (lots of calories out) essentially create a big calorie deficit.

Since it does not seem that you are losing weight through keto’s ability to affect hormones (which would be much slower) - your body might fight back with a “biggest loser” rebound (as you might be following the “biggest loser” weight loss plan).

You might think about significantly upping intake to keep your metabolism to avoid the rebound.

The difference is - add 5 or 6 pounds now and then (on true keto and fat-adapted) slowly sink to and stay at about 180
OR
keep going, touch 180 for a couple of weigh ins, have your body rebel (storing everything you eat as fat with a killed metabolism) and zoom back up.

(Marianne) #22

Delicious. You could put a little vanilla in it and just a half tsp. of steevia.

I make a keto soup with whipping cream, water, cumin, chili powder, boullion and shredded cheese that is so delicious! You could put seafood in it, chicken or sausage. Another delicious way to get good fats and enjoy your food.

(Marianne) #23

:+1:

(Bunny) #24

As always awesome advice! :+1:

Everybody’s metabolism is different, but with your workouts and only eating ~1800cals the deficit you’re creating is probably around ~1400cals or so. You don’t want to slow down your BMR. Also, dont forget when you’re lifting the scale becomes more useless. Use it to track trends but remember it can’t distinguish between fat and muscle. You can burn off a descent amount of fat, gain a very little bit of muscle and the scale won’t move!

You can always turn back the calories a little bit to see if you start loosing again, if you DO your metabolism isn’t what you thought it was. If that’s the case I’d work on getting it up as opposed to leaving them lower. That’s the calorie trap and you don’t want to go down that road.

(Tom Dwan) #26

Thank you for this response!

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #27

@Paulene, I just noticed the steak-with-candle icon next to your name - happy birthday!

Nice job, @Tom-Dwan!

(Paulene ) #28

Thank you, Rebecca. I turned 50 today so a day of mixed emotions :roll_eyes: but still a nice day.

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #29

Are you sure it’s your 50th? Who’s that girl in your profile pic?

Have a lovely day - you deserve it!

I turned 46 today. Happy shared birthday…

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #31

Happy birthday @Bobt!

(Susan) #32

Happy 50th birthday, Paulene --I am 55, it is just a number =).

(Susan) #33

Happy 46th Birthday Bobt.

(Carolyn aka stokies) #34

As a veteran of a few stalls myself, I found using other methods of tracking helpful, like tape measuring and photos. Daily fluctuations can make daily weigh-ins mentally taxing too. Sleep is critical for ongoing success too so try to attend to that. Lastly, the internal repairs may make some months slower than others- weight loss is a side effect of getting healthy, not the other way around. So during stalls I like to think of internal maintenance is occuring. The stress otherwise only spikes cortisol, increases insulin and causes spikes leading to no losses.

You are doing awesome!