Rainy day Bone broth

(Andrew Anderson) #1

This is my first attempt at bone broth. I will keep you posted on progress today!

(Andrew Anderson) #2

(Andrew Anderson) #3

(Andrew Anderson) #4

Roasted! Now we wait…

(Jacquie) #5

Lookin’ good so far…:grinning:

You’re adding tallow?

(Andrew Anderson) #7

I just used it to get my garlic and onions popping at the beginning. I do recipies Sinatra style. “My Way.” :wink::beers:

(Andrew Anderson) #8

Why did I wait so long to make this! So rich!

(Mary 🌹 ) #9

12 hours later :+1:

(Mary 🌹 ) #10

Oxtail bonebroth…SO HEALTHY AND FILLING.(I strained off the celery and onion):heartpulse::smile:

(What The Fast?!) #11

Question…when I buy bone broth (Pacific Foods Organic Bone Broth), it contains 9g of protein per serving…do you think that’s the case for homemade as well?

(Megan) #12

I just bought some some oxtail. Looking forward to the bone broth! I don’t usually bake the bones first. Do you think it makes a big difference? I also leave the veggies in almost whole. Just chopped in half or thirds to make it easier to strain. Mine usually turns out great. How’s yours?

(Andrew Anderson) #13

I bet nutritional content varies from pot to pot. There are likely many variables that would impact protein. The amount of bones, quality, amount of meat left, concentration level of stock, skimming, tallow removal after cooling… that is a few I can think of. Either way it’s yummy!

(Andrew Anderson) #14

I was shocked how delicious it was. I had no idea boiling bones, onions, and garlic could create such complex flavor. I read roasting bones helps bring out flavor, like searing meat. I will have to try oxtail next!

(Mary 🌹 ) #15

I just made bone broth…do you skim the fat off to drink it? I haven’t been.

(Megan) #16

I don’t think it’s necessary. Why get rid of the yummy fat if you don’t have to? :grin:

(Andrew Anderson) #17

Yep! I did take the tallow off the top to use for cooking. I now have broth jelly. It melts and tastes delicious.

(Megan) #18

Some of mine turn to jelly and some don’t. Both are delicious so I’m not too concerned but I’m not sure why that happens.

(Mary 🌹 ) #19

Ok…I will drink it!..THANKS
(Oxtail bonebroth)…:+1::open_mouth:

(Mary 🌹 ) #20

Oxtail…is the most flavorful!:wink::+1::heartpulse: