Raglan Road, Disney Springs, Orlando, FL, USA

(CharleyD) #1

Traditional Irish Pub, but no corned beef and cabbage :sob: everything meaty was in some kind of sugary sauce! After much scanning, found this:
Smoked Salmon with Creme Fraiche and capers, and side of Brussel Sprouts.

(Dustin Cade) #2

I’m going to Disney in October, I’ve already started looking at the menus and all that stuff, looks like any of of the breakfast buffets we go to will be the same, eggs, bacon, sausage, though some will have omelettes made to order… I know the Wave in the Contemporary does this… also there is a nice place that has a seafood buffet, loads of crab legs and shrimp sounds great! I’m just trying to decide if I want to allow myself any non keto treats, I’ve not cheated since i started… i just know Disney is a lot of walking and heat, so it might not be so bad if i have one treat on one day… but i worry that it would open the flood gates…

(CharleyD) #3

Bacon and eggs buffet saved me on cruises. Walking as much as you will in Disney you may want to consider getting some salt tablets.

Do you like turkey legs?

(Dustin Cade) #4

I think we will get one, I know my lady @chandra-lah loves her a turkey leg. we will probably bring salt with us, we normally add salt to our water most of the time anyway… I imagine we’ll do the same whilst we’re there.

(CharleyD) #5

Good, I’ve found salt takes the edge off hunger pangs and that helps keep me on the straight and narrow.

(Dustin Cade) #6

I fast normally 21 hours a day, eating within a 3 hours window, though I imagine that this will be different at Disney, will probably be having more 2 meal days, with Coffee/Espresso thrown in… it is vacation after all, I’m not worried about being hungry, I’m just worried i do no give in to temptation because its vacation and Disney and get a bunch of things i should not have… I’ve been good on my other vacations, but they have not been to Disney… i went to Disney in 2015 and started Keto in late 2016… so yeah

(CharleyD) #7

The sugar and HFCS/drink fountains are everywhere. You may want to be a little more liberal in your eating window if you’re that concerned about it.

(Dustin Cade) #8

I figured that I do well working in an office with all kinds of sweets around all the time, smells of all kinds of wonderful smelling carby foods… If I get hungry enough we’ll figure something out. looking at maybe getting a reservation at Beirgarten at the German pavilion at Epcot, a buffet of sausages and meats!

(CharleyD) #9

You will do fine! (and if you don’t, you know better than to get too upset about it!)

(Dustin Cade) #10

The best thing to do is be real with yourself, totally understand yourself, I know how i react to even some keto foods… so i know how i would react real sweets, real carbs… as much as i would love to think i could just go wild, i know that it would not be good for me.