Questions and strange looks

(Ross) #21

Noakes too!

(Val Bundy) #22

oh zero carb pizza! I wish I had something like that around here!! That is awesome.

(Ernest) #23

Wait until the day that you request extra butter. Then when they bring you tablespoon size, you look them in the eye and say “Get me more”
Welcome to the Keto world.

(Ross) #24

I should amend that…it’s not really zero carb because there are carbs in the tomato sauce…just no crust.

Here’s what they do. I’ve made it at home and works VERY well.

Get some baking parchment paper and lay it out on a cookie sheet.

Put down a layer of cheese of your choice on the paper. This will form the bottom crust.

Add a layer of your sauce of choice.

Add cheese and toppings on top of sauce layer.

Bake until everything is nicely melted and slightly browned.

Let cool just enough for the bottom layer to be firm enough to serve with a spatula.

(MooBoom) #25

Not sure if you are in Australia but this is THE BEST low carb pizza base I’ve ever come across. They do low carb bread, muffin mix and pancake mix too. SO GOOD :yum:

example pizza (made by yours truly)

(Ross) #26

Speak of the devil, here’s the recipe from Diet Doctor!

(Val Bundy) #27

sounds delish! I will have to give it a try!
Thank you

(Val Bundy) #28

that looks absolutely delish!

(Liz ) #29

I can relate! I have had almost all these restaurant experiences since 2003 when I went low carb. Now that I’m full-on Keto I cannot help myself & sometimes I explain “I’m on a high fat diet” because I am cheeky :rofl:

(Dave) #30

I love the protein co. bread. I have been having avocado on toast or with cream cheese and smoked salmon, chicken liver paté on toast. So good. One piece of bread is less than 2 carbs. Opened up a new world to me.

(MooBoom) #31

Same! I don’t know how doable I would’ve found keto without the protein bread co tbh.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #32

Bak, bak, ba-GAWK! I miss da chickies. (sigh)

Not to mention those amazing fresh eggs with the deep orange yolks. (sigh)(sigh)

(MooBoom) #33

Have had a super frustrating weekend away from home eating out (lots of forced fasting) because the only way I can get people to adhere to my eating requirements is to bald faced lie and say I’m a diabetic. Even then they still bring food out drowned in chilli sauce or mayonnaise and I have to send it back. Got kicked out of ketosis on a Friday night because my fajitas were drowned in a sweet sauce despite requests to have the meat cooked with nothing but oil- no sauce.
Makes me realise just how much sugar has infiltrated every corner of our diets!

I made that the other day, but put my Moz in the frying pan to crisp up

(Arlene) #35

Even a simple roasted chicken in our local deli has sugar in the spice mix they use on it. I know because I asked, and then I asked why it was necessary to add sugar to the spice mix. I just got a dumb look.

(MooBoom) #36

Argh so infuriating!!! It’s everywhere! This is the first time I’ve been away from my home for more than one meal and it’s the first time I’ve found Keto stressful. Well that’s not true, I’ve found the world stressful! Keto is simps! Hopefully some clever clogs will start a Keto food chain and I can leave my house again lol.

(Curt White) #37

so wait staff are and some arent. But ask my local mickeyD’s to leave off the bun and they loose their mind.

I am fortunate in that my doctor (and many others in the past) have pushed a low-carb diet. While they never specified keto, I just tell anyone who asks that my doctor has instructed me to eat low carb. That usually explains to anyone curious about why I don’t eat “this” or “that.” Plus, I usually tell them that I eat more veggies now than I ever did (which is true since salads made me sick [but not anymore] and starchy veggies were the only things I would eat [potatoes!]).

Ironically, there’s a lady I know who once was vegetarian. (She would eat eggs, cheese, and some fish.) Her doctor put her on a modified paleo diet and told her she HAD to eat meats. She lost all her extra weight and looks fabulous. I would say if she isn’t keto she’s darn close. She told me she also eats more veggies now than she ever did as a vegetarian.

Honestly as long as I am not dragged to pizza or chinese food I find keto out a breeze.

Last weekend I was out of town ate out all meals including at a fancy downtown lunch place (they had nothing but sandwiches and wraps with sauce or whatever ugh - I asked for the chicken sandwich without the bread, no problem), a fancy French place (had the steak with asparagus, had extra asparagus instead of potatoes), two different pizza places (had a grilled chicken salad with extra dressing both times). The hardest thing is usually finding HWC. I was staying with family so bought a quart for the house. With the restaurants, the best I could get was half and half. I always say, ask the chef, they cook with it he has some. So far that has worked about once in five times of asking. I brought some macadamia nuts and single serving cheese packets with me. I ended up not finishing either one over the visit and leaving the cheese. Weight stayed the same

(MooBoom) #40

Lucky!!!
I was in remote country in Northern Australia with limited dining options and only ate once a day.
Macadamia nuts are great to travel with, but I agree with you about HWC it’s hard to find!