Questions about YouTube video recipe

(Steve) #1

I have been looking at recipes as I’m not much of a cook but they never post carbs . I’m not a big dessert person but love pie. Most use almonds flour and a cup in a 1/2. Almonds flour is still high in carbs and I know serveral servings but all them seem so high in carbs

(Sheri Knauer) #2

So, the thing with ingredients is that one brand of almond flour can have different fat, protein, and carb counts than another. The best thing to do is if you want to make a recipe, create that recipe in a food tracking app, like Cronometer (https://cronometer.com), with the actual brand of ingredients you will be using, then you can see what the macros per serving will be. When you see a recipe that has the macros included with it, that is just a guesstimate because, like I mentioned, macros are different from brand to brand.

It may seem like a lot of work but once you get the hang of creating recipes in your food tracking app, it really doesn’t take too long, especially since most have a bar code scanning feature, and you can be confident that the macros are as close to accurate as you can get them

(Full Metal KETO AF) #3

@Sheri_Knauer I am an appless ketonian but I might have to reconsider Cronometer. I just kind of dread learning how to use a new app. Been calculating carbs mentally for 5 months and I am doing okay but maybe I could do better. I mostly make up my own recipes while cooking.

@David_Stilley. I think I can safely echo your post here. May have to reconsider cronometer after going app-less for more than 6 months. Some foods fool me.

I signed up for Cronometer myself a while back, but honestly don’t use it a whole lot these days. Mostly when I’m just putting together new recipes I’m creating. But it is quite nice how you can plug in all the ingredients you are planning to use and get the full nutritional information, along with a custom label that you can save, refer to later, or share with others. It starts as shown below and calculates everything as you add in all your ingredients, along with the amounts of each item. … This can also be useful when you have a recipe from someone, but do not necessarily have the Nutritional Facts on it. :slight_smile: