Question about zc

(Jason Jodway) #21

Barring a CPT1a mutation, the science in humans doesn’t show ketosis ever being completely inhibited by any amount of dietary protein in the complete absence of carbohydrates. So I wouldn’t worry about that. And ketone chasing isn’t the point except in very specific conditions.

without the insulin being raised you would risk ketoacidosis, which is what happens in type 1 diabetics. you better hope they raise insulin.

being essential for liife does not make it ketogenic. is oxygen ketogenic? is water?

thanks for the kindergarden level biology lesson.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #24

You are most welcome. I put all that in my post, because your post seemed to show a severe lack of understanding of the biology involved. If you knew all that already, why did your post get it so wrong?

And yes, by the logic that things essential to life have to be part of a ketogenic diet, I certainly consider oxygen and water to be “ketogenic,” in the sense that they are entirely appropriate to a well-formulated ketogenic diet. I’m sorry I didn’t spell this out regarding protein in my earlier post; I guess I could have been clearer there.