Question about Canned/Pouch Tuna!

(Karnivore) #1

Hey all!

I was wondering if eating tuna in a can/pouch is okay. I am asking because the tuna pouches (Starkist Chunk Light Tuna in Water) we got on Amazon have “Light tuna, water, vegetable broth” for the ingredents. And below that it says “Contains: Fish (tuna), soy”. Is this a problem? The order is already placed but I want to know if this is okay for carnivore…thank you

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #2

Get water pack.

(Elizabeth ) #3

Sorry I wouldn’t eat it

very personal call for you about it. many zc people don’t want it cause of the soy but in full honesty, a newer zc person could eat this and do fine.
It boils down to does this product work well for you and you feel great on it or can ya just easily buy a ‘can of water packed’ and you don’t get that other junk.

personal decision and I would probably eat that :slight_smile: but of course I only buy canned tuna, water pack, LOL, but in a pinch, yea I would eat that but watch out for ‘flavored’ ones like they got out there. More ‘weirdo’ packaged product you go with stuff the worse it is for us zc people mostly. Think very basic…water packed canned or heck a big old fresh tuna filet to cook yourself :slight_smile:

They sneak all types of junk into those tuna containers.

Make tuna patties with it for the Labrador.

yup, they sneaky buggers out there in processed foods :slight_smile: I so agree on that!

(Karnivore) #7

Well, I am very new haha! Thank you for your response :slight_smile:

That’s really annoying lol, why do they have to do that?? :confused:

I only eat canned tuna in brine, I can get it everywhere so I ignore the other kinds. I do this on and off carnivore. I so don’t need all the carby sauce or vegetable oil that is in the other cans galore.
I only found tuna like this so I don’t eat any other fish canned, only tuna, very rarely.

But it’s up to you and amounts matter too though it shouldn’t on carnivore but well, few people eat zero plant matter. I never saw the type you described, it may be better than the options here… But I dislike when they put soy or whatnot into my food. If I want to eat soy, I will buy soy (fat chance). Some tiny vegetables, I surely would have no problem with it on my default carnivore-ish. I wouldn’t touch it now but it’s short-term. You are you with different circumstances.

So, amounts… I would totally handle some tasty tomato sauce (as I did in the very beginning) if it wouldn’t be so damn much for some little fish. And that’s for carnivore-ish only, I don’t call eating tomato sauce carnivore at all, no matter how little. But we all have our other definitions and allowances and some of us don’t even care about labels and belonging.

(Karnivore) #9

What’s the brand name, if you don’t mind me asking? Can I get it on Amazon? Thank you :slight_smile:

(UsedToBeT2D) #10

Shelf life. Means shorter life for you.

I live in Europe, it seems it’s in many countries here, in LIDL, the brand is NiXe.

But I think tuna in brine is very normal so I would expect it to be available everywhere in luckier places of the world…