Quest Beyond Cereal Bars - Yay or Nay?

(Evelyn Sullivan) #1

I keep hearing about the Quest Cereal Bars, so I picked up a few (Cinnamon Roll and Waffle). The Cinnamon Roll was delicious - and paired really nicely with my morning coffee. :stuck_out_tongue: The primary sugar alternative is Allulose - which, according to my research, has no real effect on insulin levels. 2 grams net carbs, 7 grams fiber, and 12 grams protein. Thoughts?

http://www.questnutrition.com/beyond-cereal-bars/beyond-cinnamon-cereal-bar/

(Bacon, Not Stirred) #2

I guess I can’t say whether or not they’re “keto friendly”, but I will say that the ones I have tried have been… well… Less than a pleasant eating experience for me. If you enjoy them, I’d say by all means, go ahead.

(Ethan) #3

I find them tasty… for a sweet rush, try the hero bars from Quest

(Hillary ) #4

I’ve been eating quest bars on my journey and still have lost weight. I don’t eat them everyday and I never eat more than 1 in a day. I love them.

(Ethan) #5

Exactly. I actually use them as emergency rations–for when I travel or have a food meeting/event where I may or may not find keto-friendly items.

(John) #6

They switched over a lot of their not so great ingredients and now they are all pretty keto. I wasn’t a fan of the old ones, but feel ok about eating the new ones as long as I don’t binge. 12 seconds in the microwave is perfect IMO

This ingredient is far too new for me to be comfortable with. But, I’m picky when it comes to things like this.

(VLC.MD) #8

Anyone do glucose testing with these bars ?

Hi, sorry to resurrect this, but am wondering anyone has further feedback? I wonder about the glucose info as well.

Thanks.

(Randy) #10

Keto Connect did an n=2 experiment on blood sugar effects with many of the various non-calorie sweeteners vs sugar.

Allulose didn’t effect their blood sugar at all (is how I remember it).

Thanks for the information.