Quality Immersion Blender?

(Khara) #1

Hi all! Anyone have a real love for their immersion blender? One of quality that has lasted you a long time and works well? If so, please share the brand and/or photos. I’ve been reading a ton of reviews on Amazon and so many get great reviews but they all have scary negative reviews with stories of metal blades breaking off in food. There seems to be a trend that purchases years ago have good reviews but recent purchases have poorer reviews as though the quality is going down hill. I’m looking to start making things like mayonnaise. Thanks for your help!

(Suzi Smotrycz-Guilford) #2

I just bought a Cuisinart 400 watt immersion/hand blender and am impressed with my purchase. I think it was about $80 from HSN and comes with accessories that make it a 4 cup food processor. My only complaint is that you have to press a button on top of the immersion blender to be able to power it on. Difficult with smaller hands but ok once you get it going. It makes wonderful whipped cream and nut butter!

I have a Cuisinart hand blender (it’s old and I can’t tell which model it is from the website). I love it! we use it for blending BPC, making mayonnaise, and also use it with the food processor attachments for various chopping and slicing.

Shame on me, but for a cup full of anything, I use these https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NEW-2017-Fashion-Hot-Drinks-Milk-Frother-Foamer-Whisk-Mixer-Stirrer-Egg-Beater-Electric-Mini-Handle/32812832646.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.cVW6sP

Anything bigger, I use my Nutribullet

(Khara) #5

@MustloveNewfs @Madeleine @Wishbone
Thanks so much for the replies! Really appreciate the info. I still have not bought one so I’ll look into these. :+1:t3:

(Norma Brown) #6

For making smoothies, soups, and more, you can’t beat the convenience of an immersion blender.