QA few questions beginning keto/exeyrcise

(Tyge Cornwell Gilbert) #1

Hey so wasn’t quite sure I’d this is the right category but I’m just beginning keto and have some concerns around exercise as I’m also about a month into omad fasting. So my exercise and eating routine is quite fickle but here is the sort of thing I do
-monday - 30-60mins of medium pace jogging and up to 200 press ups and up to 80 an rolls. Some days it changes to body weight and 2hours of intense dance. My concerns are that as I’m also fasting I cannot eat carbs before the dance so I’m.getting tired half way through and no protein after the dance, but my muscles feel fine… And today I think I have possibly overdone the protein I have done about 100 press ups and consumed around 120gs of protein as my muscles are sore, thinking that they will heal better for tommorow work out.(my protein intake was from 6egg yolks and 2 chicken breasts) do you think this is overkill? Understand this is quite a messy post but any comments will be apprexiated!

(LeeAnn Brooks) #2

Your getting tired during arobic activity because you’re no longer giving your body its primary fuel source (carbs) but until you’re fat adapted, it doesn’t efficiently use the ketones you’re producing yet.

Resist the temptation to up carbs as this will extend the time it takes to become completely fat adapted.

I would also watch the protein as well. As someone who works out regularly, you can push the upper end of the recommendations (.8-1.25 grams per pound of lean body mass), but I wouldn’t go over the 1.25. Excess protein will turn to fat.

I’m afraid there’s just a period of time while adapting that you’re workouts are going to suffer. Keeping your electrolytes in balance will help some, but not completely. Take it easy if you need to. My runs turned to fast walks for a couple weeks before I could work back up. But it will come back. Currently I’m training for a half marathon and am up to 9 miles for my long runs. You’ll get there. Just KCKO.