Pull up Plateau broken

(Vladaar Malane) #1

Yaaaaah!

Finally, I’ve been stuck on 6 repetition max dead hang pull ups for about a year now.

Yesterday, I managed to do 8!

(CharleyD) #2

Fantastic! What was your strategy to break the plateau? (Can’t view Youtube till after work)

(Vladaar Malane) #3

@Dipper_Actual

I just kept plugging away 3 sets of 6 pull ups, trying for more. I think what helped was that and slight improvements in weight loss. I busted through my weight loss plateau as well by limiting sugar intake to less than 2 teaspoons per day. I was constantly fluctuating between 185 and 190 pounds. I’ve been steadily going downward maybe a pound a week, down to 183 pounds. I have no idea why though it took so long to improve my pull ups, other than my injury with tennis elbow was maybe 6 months of it as it took me awhile to find the fix. Which another member told me about from this forums. The handmaster plus which fixed the imbalance in my muscles eliminating my tennis elbow.

(CharleyD) #4

Ah yep, I’ve been developing an elbow ache again from pullups so have switched to fingertip pushups to work the extensors and give the flexors a rest as I drop back a step to bank some strength on the pullup. Same muscles the handmaster plus works.

And certainly the pure weight lost didn’t hurt eh? :partying_face:

(Vladaar Malane) #5

Weeee 9 reps, new max with a little swing though I was trying to be aggressive.