PSMF eating

keto
food

(Dani) #1

I’ve been talking to a fellow Ketonian who told me about the PSMF way of eating.

If I’m right in thinking this is just a standard “gym diet” that the body builders use to cut before a show.

Does anyone have thoughts on this woe good or bad?

(Bob M) #2

It’s a reduce calorie fast that’s not a fast. As such, I personally think it’s somewhat useless (why not just fast?). If you have time, you could start here with Ted Naiman telling Dr. John Limansky and Jimmy Moore about his version of PSMF:

http://www.ketohackingmd.com/7-protein-hack-with-special-guest-dr-ted-naiman/

Continue with the next 5 or so episodes, where they discuss their results (they HATED it), discuss other perspectives (some like it, some dislike it).

(Dani) #3

Thanks. That’s really useful, I’ll check it out.

(Simon Saunders) #4

I dont like how high the protein was in Ted’s version, i use a modified one I learnt back in the year 2000, and works really well for weight loss, currently have my wife on a modified version for herself, the nice thing it is not forever.

People call it PSMF which basically mean protein is high enough to spare lean mass and fats are kept high enough not to induce gallstones, and carbs can be slightly higher as observed by stephen phinney when caloric intake was around the 800 cal mark.

Weight loss works out to be the same stats as complete fasting with zero food, and its much easier to sustain as you can go much longer compared to zero food fasting.

On my facebook ketoisland page I am documenting my PSMF stint this month, your welcome to watch my weight loss progress, I have been optimising this now for 18 years, im so glad everything is coming together as keto/LCHF is soooo easy to maintain weight I love it :slight_smile:

(Dani) #5

Thanks so much for the reply!

Unfortunately I don’t use Facebook, do you have an Instagram account?

I love training and I love having a muscular physique. I found fasting very therapeutic but I got scared of protein when I ate, as I was told to keep it low to loose weight (around 60g per day) I ended up loosing definition and faith in fasting.

I’m very new to this type of fasting and there is very little info out there. I’ve been given a book by Lyle McDonald which I’m going to check out today. Can you suggest any other good sources?