Protein Shakes-Thoughts anyone?

(Darlene Horsley) #1

I saw these today and wondered if they might be good for those on the go times.

I think thatā€™s the one my wife uses. Sheā€™s a nurse and doesnā€™t always get time to eat a regular meal.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #3

ā€œLow in fatā€? Why? Thatā€™s so SAD. [tee-hee]

But seriously, does your wife take any fat along to add to it?

(Darlene Horsley) #4

Thanks. Good to know. Sometimes on extended drive for me I think they could come in handy.

(Darlene Horsley) #5

Rut roh. Lol

She usually packs her food and throws one of those in there for those days she doesnā€™t get a break.

(Randy) #7

I try to avoid Sucralose and Ace-K whenever possible.

Iā€™d be more likely to go with a bottled water and a Quest bar myself.

(Ruthanne Robertson) #8

My weight management doc recommended these. Sheā€™s on for keto, so I trusted her recommendation. I find, for me, they triggered hunger an hour later. She suggested adding some fat when I drink one. Theyā€™re OK, but Iā€™m not impressed. I keep a couple at work for low energy, but get further with a spoon of ghee or coconut oil.

(Darlene Horsley) #9

Thank you. Iā€™ll keep that in mind.

Iā€™ve used them and like them. Even lost weight using them. I found them very filling

(Liz ) #11

Besides the potentially problematic artificial sweeteners, the two ingredients that jump out at me are whey, which can be insulinegenic, and carrageenan which Iā€™ve been avoiding after I read an article about how bad it was although I forget what was bad about it lol :rofl: So this product is not one I would choose for myself but we are all different! Iā€™d do better with an ounce of macadamia nuts so thatā€™s what I carry as my emergency quick fix. But as I am fully fat adapted and have enough body fat left, I pretty much never need it.

(Darlene Horsley) #12

Thanks. I definitely wondered about the whey.

(Liz ) #13

I just see over and over where it trips folks up so I avoid it. But Iā€™m sure some people can handle it so who knows?

(Allie) #14

I have no problem with whey protein, but I use half of the advised amount and mix with either olive oil or avocado oil, or sometimes MCT oil.

(Renee Brock) #15

I had gastric by pass 4 and a half years ago lost 130 lbs but now ive gainded 40 back alot had to do with a thyroid issue. I refuse to weigh over 200lbs again . I had no side affects of surgery and never got sick my dr told me id be one of the 5% that would gain my weight back quicker than others over a period of time more or so i have gained some. Ive noticed when i drink a premier shake i do get hungrey a few hours later he said its bc my metabolism is working bc i could go all day and never get hungry. I get mine from sams and just found out that they have 2 new flavors banana creme and carmel cant wait to try these. They all are4.00 off of a 16.00 box. Ive also learned you need to eat protien anyway you can if its just on a salad bc those who think salads will help loose weight its just empty calories add steak or grilled chicken. Excited about my keto diet after much research i think its gonna be easy for me except the no soda part. Should know at the end of the month. Good luck to all.

(Jennifer Puel) #16

Premium Protein shake has 30 grams protein, 160 cals, 1 gram sugar. Vanilla is my choice with 1/3 cup blueberries or blackberries. Have one almost every morning, not hungry until lunch time. Works for me! Taking one to my Keto diet pushing doctor today to confirm itā€™s ok.

(PJ) #17

I always have these in the fridge (Samā€™s Club has the best price by far, but a limit of 3 12packs). Strawberry is my fave (only seasonally available). I have a super cold fridge and I keep them near the back where itā€™s just short of starting to freeze (donā€™t freeze them! they never recover).

Open the lid (unsnaps the seal), then close it again, and shake it till frothy, then drink it (super-cold). Theyā€™re not bad. The chocolate tastes like one of those snack-pack puddings from childhood, melted. The vanillaā€™s ok, I donā€™t like it or choc how I used to. I like the strawberry. But theyā€™ve got to be COLD.

These have really helped make getting enough protein (and some base nutrients) possible under less than ideal conditions. The ingredients are crap. And itā€™s not real food. But itā€™s a functional high-protein low-carb option. No fat though so somewhere in the day thatā€™s gotta be made up or I start losing energy.

(Lazy, Dirty Keto šŸ˜) #18

Iā€™m glad I stumbled on this post today as I was searching Google for ā€œis premiere protein keto?ā€

So if youā€™re at your ideal weight and you just want to build muscle at this point, would shales like this be recommended to up your protein intake? Or not necessarily these shakes - I guess my question is: how exactly to you build muscle on keto, especially when youā€™re at your ideal weight?

(Allie) #19

Very helpful site. You will need a calorie surplus to gain muscle, but keeping it keto will help ensure you gain lean muscle.

(Lazy, Dirty Keto šŸ˜) #20

Awesome, thank you! Iā€™ll check it out