Proper Black Country faggots

(ianrobo) #1

Well got a feeling our American friends could be confused by the tile but I am sure those in the UK know what I mean ha ha

However here in the UK what we have are faggots (and not processed ones) from my butchers they do home made ones to a old traditional recipe.

They are liver, heart and kidneys, bound by blood and yes some bread but per faggot about half a slice and for me the benefits of the offal is more than worth it.

I now have about 6 of these per week and I have felt some beneficial impact. So if you can, go to your butcher and ask them to make it or use a recipe !

and because of these you can make your own according to taste !

(bulkbiker) #2

The recipe that you link to is completely keto… no bread involved…

(Jennifer) #3

This will be worth trying when I get around to ordering a whole hog for the freezer.

(Doug) #4

(ianrobo) #5

oh that was deliberate Mark, the ones I but do have some bread int he ones I buy, any say Brains you may buy are in fact very carb heavy …

But there are many ways to make them to test, so for example mine have lamb hearts in them.

(bulkbiker) #6

Hmm sounds interesting… I sense an experiment…

(CharleyD) #7

:clutches pearls:

:joy:

I thought worse, that it was a specific brand of cigarettes you were trying to find across the pond.

(KCKO, KCFO) #8

Not sure where you could find caul fat, I’d call that omentum. Otherwise this sounds like something I would enjoy making.

I’m thinking I might do something like warp each one in a strip of bacon. It appears the caul fat is for holding the shape, it would be possible to do that with bacon strips. Plus it would also add pork fat.

(Keto in Katy) #9

This thread confuses me, I’ll just show myself out now

I sure was, I was like :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

(A ham loving ham! - VA6KD) #11

Yep…same thing. I’ve seen it called crépine too.

(ianrobo) #12

Never heard eithervterm before i just knew it as strips of pigs stomach

(TJ Borden) #13

:rofl: you are correct sir. I came across this thread searching caul fat. My butcher (also a ketoean) gave me some to play with because I had never heard of it.

(Candy Lind) #14

Now you have to go back & buy the offal to wrap it around. There’s method to his madness. :smiling_imp:

(TJ Borden) #15

:joy: I’m okay with that