Propel okay to drink?

(Kellie) #1

Is propel water safe for keto? If yes can I drink it during fasting as well ? My only concern is it contains sucralose.

(Carl Keller) #2

I’ve read that sucralose can cause spikes in blood sugar levels in some people. The only way to truly be sure is to test yours after taking it. The quote below is enough for me to say no thanks.

Recent studies have demonstrated that sucralose becomes chemically unstable when heated, releasing chlorinated aromatic polycyclic hydrocarbons (compounds that increase cancer risk) and other potentially toxic compounds. In other words, if you use sucralose, don’t cook or bake with it.

(less is more, more or less) #3

I don’t know if its safe, but on the last run I brought it with me, it dyed my hands bright orange. Yea, it was “orange flavored.” I couldn’t wash it off in the shower. That dissuaded me from drinking any more. Besides you can make your own cheaper and safer.

Depends on why you’re fasting. If you’re doing it for detox, autophagy or optimal health reasons, it’s best to stick to water only. If you’re fasting for weight loss or metabolic reasons, artificial sweeteners probably won’t effect it. You can confirm that definitively by testing your BG before and after consumption to make sure it doesn’t elicit a response in your body.

Ultimately, if flavored water is the difference between you fasting vs not fasting, its a no brainer. The benefits of fasting while using artificial sweeteners is still vastly superior than not fasting at all.

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #5

I would not drink it.

(James) #6

I would drink it minimally if any at all. To my knowledge, there has not been any long term data published on the effects of consistent sucralose consumption.

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #7

The thing about the ketoaid is that the only magnesium citrate that I have found(I went to 3 different drug stores)also has Sucralose, I don’t think this should be a problem. Although I wouldn’t drink it, and I only have the magnesium citrate if I get stopped up due to the fake sugar in it.

It is, but any homemade ketoade will do 10x the good for electrolyte replenishment. I personally refuse to be afraid of sucralose. I don’t use a ton of it but not going to blacklist something just because it’s in there. Only thing we know is when a mouse / rat eats a dump trucks worth that funky stuff happens to them. I’m always processing what I hear when it comes to this stuff and I’ve definitely shifted most of my fake sweeteners to stevia / allulouse / xylitol but you gotta be sane. If you pay TOO much attention to this stuff and listen to every person/doctors opinion on everything you eat and how it’ll kill us… It doesn’t end well. I’m sure you’ve noticed how many people start stuff like keto, learn a ton, but they let it turn them into a nutritional hypochondriac.