Problems with constipation

(Doug) #21

Have had no problems with keto in general. And then we get to cheese. There too, no problems except when the quantities get up to what is perhaps a stupid range. 1.5 lbs/ 24 ounces/ 700 grams ~ a lot of cheese per day, more than most eat, but I teamed it up with a good bit of roasted, salted nuts. Seems to me that cheese will get almost all entirely digested, but there’s something left, something that binds with the fiber from the nuts and WOW… --Okay, I get what people say about cheese and constipation. Holy ****…

(Peter B Wilson) #22

For many years before Keto I have used the same routine. Now I am just over 6 months on Keto; lost 22lbs at age 75. My routine for a ‘mobile’ gut. 1st drink water during the day and before bed EVERY night put a tablespoon of Psyllium in a glass of water, stir and chug it straight down. Psyllium is the main ingredient of expensive things like Metamucil. Psyllium in my Vancouver neighbourhood is cheap (no added tariffs yet!!) Make sure to get the Whole Husk Psyllium. Peter (always mobile!) (Doesn’t taste to bad as it really doesn’t have a taste; kind of nutty if anything.

(Allie) #23

Chia and psyllium husks are very helpful when consumed here and there, but too often and I find they cause problems for me, chia seeds are especially problematic even when soaked for 24 hours in advance - I never normally have issues but when I did it was caused by daily chia seeds.

(Peter B Wilson) #24

Absolutely Allie. As with so many things in life it’s finding out what works for you.