Prime Rib: Saving Grace with my In-Laws

(Genevieve Biggs) #1

I’m with the in-laws for a few weeks. They’ve been very gracious and generous, but as someone transitioning to zero carb, there is not enough meat around. They think I’m crazy for having four eggs for breakfast, and I’d prefer five or six! Well, at their club last night there was a prime rib buffet. I was a happy carnivore. :slight_smile:

What is that green doing on your plate! :wink:

(Genevieve Biggs) #3

Obligatory veggies because my in-laws think I’m weird. :expressionless:

(No I'm not mad - that's just my face) #4

:heart_eyes: drooooool

(Guardian of the bacon) #5

Please don’t take this as criticism because I’m a BIG believer in “your body - your rules”
I think it is really important to learn to eat to satisfy your own desires and not to try and make those around you happy.

(Genevieve Biggs) #6

Thank you for the support–I agree. I am also new to the family (September), so I’m not really comfortable enough to be pushy yet. But I intend to be in the future. :slight_smile:

(Guardian of the bacon) #7

One does have to be careful around a new mommy dearest…I’ve been there…a couple times. :sunglasses:

(Genevieve Biggs) #8

Actually sister in law, but still the same caution. :wink:

Is there a problem with greens?

(Genevieve Biggs) #10

If you are Zero Carb, yes. Check out the Zero Carb section of the food board. :slight_smile:

I didn’t realize this was a ZC category.

(Genevieve Biggs) #12

No, this is the meat category. I was mainly posting about the prime rib, but I mentioned ZC so Carol brought up the green. That’s all. :slight_smile:

I was so dazzled by the meat I didn’t even notice the words. :wink: