Price-matching app

(Trish) #1

Not sure if this is for all geographical regions;however, I’m in Ontario, Canada and I love this app as it lets me simply show the cashier that x item is on sale for less at y store and they price match a la No Frills, Superstore, Walmart practice. The app is called Flipp. https://app.flipp.com

(Becky) #2

Yes, I am in New York and love this app!

It displays local supermarket flyers. I use it to find the best prices on bacon, turkey wings, butter, eggs etc. it also allows me to create a list within the app, which helps narrow down which store is worth the trip.

It never occurred to me to use it to price match. Actually, I’ve never done a price match. So, if anyone local to this region can tell me which stores price match, besides Walmart (not local to the Bronx), please let me know.

Never liked the data mining aspects of those apps, nothing short of surveillance for both you and everybody that’s in your contacts list, social media accts etc. It’s scary. But for Walmart shoppers, their saving catcher feature does the same thing and automatically credits you in the next couple days. They already know what you bought so it’s (slightly) more contained.