Power Slice - Low Carb bread

Hey folks. I found this zero carb ‘bread’ at Costco and am wondering what you think about it.

It’s called Power Slice and is made by Dimpflmeier. Claims to be low carb and high in protein:

Ingredients are:
Wheat Protein, Artesian Spring Water, Pea Protein, Brown Flax Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Whey Protein Concentrate, Organic Whole Spelt Flour, Yeast, Oat Fibre, Lupin Flour, Rice Protein, Lupin Grits, Wheat Germ, Sunflower Flour, Yellow Flax Seeds, Wheat Fibre, Psyllium Seed Husk, Inulin (Chicory Root), Cider Vinegar, Wheat Gluten, Sea Salt, Egg White Powder, Microbial Enzymes, Ascorbic Acid.

I’ve tried this toasted and it comes close to the real thing. No so good when it’s not.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

A gram net of carbohydrate per slice is pretty good, and the ingredients aren’t bad. It’s definitely not dairy or gluten-free, however, which might make a difference to some people. I don’t know how they get to call it zero-carb, when there are four total grams per slice.

(KCKO, KCFO) #3

Too much gluten and other grain stuff. If gluten isn’t an issue for you, there are worse choices out there. Probably not something to eat daily or multi times during one day. It is net carb 1, not zero, so consider the ethics of the company too, maybe?

It’s a quite low-carb bread, it seems. I have no particular problem with the ingredient list either (not like I know all of those items).
In my case only net carb matters and it’s low enough (I don’t know how much but looking at the ingredients, it is really low. the label only says it’s around 2g net carbs or less per 100g :smiley: It doesn’t spell it out but in the case of those rounded labels, 0 means anything below 1.0. And as there is no sugar alcohols, what could be the 4-3=1g carbs…? it’s probably sugar)…
As always, it’s up to you to decide if it’s worth it for you. I see no big problems (I just prefer making my own food) but we are all different.