Posted on VOX today

(Hermie) #1

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

Ah, yes! Walter Willet, Harvard School of Public Health. Say no more!

(less is more, more or less) #3

I think we’re up to four threads, now, discussing the EAT-Lancet report.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #4

And yet, much to my surprise, I haven’t seen even one on this year’s U.S. News & World Report article ranking all the popular diets, with keto dead last. They run it every year, and last year we had eight or nine separate threads, as I recall.

(KCKO, KCFO) #5

@admins Could someone kindly merge the threads on this topic? Thanks.

(Running from stupidity) #6

At LEAST. I’ve mentioned in a couple that there was already an established thread, but typing >>>> reading.

(less is more, more or less) #7

The low-carb twitterverse remains atwitter about the EAT-Lancet report, and for good reason. The industries behind it have perfected and localized the necessary rent-seeking to make this report the frankenbaby of Ancel Keys’ bad advice. EAT-Lancet identifies legal obligations to follow their advice, including adding arbitrary tax to meat products. This is why we’re seeing the #Yes2Meat hashtag.

Discourse allows the merging of topics. Whatever it takes to get the KF forums on board with this important development that can impact us all.

Here’s my bat-signal to the (active) KF admins:
@Brenda @matt @Ernest @daisy @devhammer @larry @donna

(Doug) #8

Well said - some nice writing there, Kyle. :slightly_smiling_face:

(KCKO, KCFO) #9

This is a good movie over all, but the info on Ancel Keys is really interesting. It is on dietdoctor.com, you can sign up for a free trial to watch it for free (also the Low Carb Denver 2019 presentations as well). According to Dr. Phinney, no one would publish Keys writings on how he got it all wrong.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/member/movies/big-fat-fix