Post Zorn Fast Food Preferences/Aversions

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #1

Just completed 72hrs of Zorn Fast.

Now I’m feeling aversions to certain foods. Did NOT enjoy my usual eggs and bacon Sunday morning. Bone broth base in my chicken soup starting to put me off. Don’t even want to cook the pork loin I’ve got in the fridge :worried:. Had 1 cup of coffee this morning and now :no_good_woman:‍♀ The thought of my usual collagen MCT supplement makes my stomach clench.

I want to eat coconut oil, green olives, pickles, avocados, fresh salad, veg broth based soup. ACV and seltzer is my favorite thing!

Anyone have similar experiences?

(Trish) #2

I haven’t experienced this but if you’re wanting to eat avocados and salad then I’d say go for it. Maybe the nutrients your body currently needs are in those foods. Perhaps the fast created the autophagy that many fast for and released much in the way of amino acid housekeeping and so your body doesn’t feel like dealing with protein rich pork loin. Of course I’m guessing here, but it does make sense to me. Usually food cravings/aversions have a reason based in the body’s physiology. I would go with what you’re craving and see what happens over a couple of days.
Edited for typos and grammar. :blush:

Hi, Jezza. I didn’t have this experience. I have also completed 72hrs of Zorn Fast , but I felt like having some carbs (not sugar), which was surprising, I thought. I listened to my body and ate protein, fat and carbs when I broke my fast, without overeating. I lost weight anyway, although I felt a little bloated and missed that feel of a lighter body. Today I’m back to my very low carb high fat WOE and, so far, no aversions.

(matt ) #4

Sounds to me like your body wants salt and other electrolytes.

(Karen) #5

I’m hearing sour and salty. Your body is letting you know.

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #6

Yep - it was electrolytes! I’d been slacking off toward the end of the fast.

I’m still a little obsessed with vinegary things though.

(matt ) #7

Vinegar is good for you so vinegar all the things!