Coconut pancakes

breakfast

(Jeremy Storie) #161

Nice!

(Dustin Cade) #162

Oh cheddar garlic Zorn waffle pizza styleā€¦

Can you elaborate on your method? How much cheddar did you add? Top with cheese and sauce and broil?

(Dustin Cade) #164

in the batter I added about 8oz finely shredded cheddar cheese, to make the pizza, i just put some cheese, couple tablespoons of low carb sauce put more cheese, some mini pepperonis and tossed it into the oven till it looked gooeyā€¦

Thanks!

(Dustin Cade) #166

No worries, I take basic a recipe and add things that sound good to me and fit ketoā€¦ I do with with reckless abandonā€¦ And what little use of the force I haveā€¦

Well, now youā€™ve done it, dang it! I finally made this and now I have to go buy a real waffle maker and donate the stupid waffle iron-panini-sandwich maker thingy I have to Goodwill. Grrrā€¦

Which is to say, theyā€™re soooo good.

Oh, and now I have to try the tortilla version:

I know, Iā€™m obsessed with tortillasā€¦

(James storie) #168

The tortillas are good, more like flat bread though. Definitely worth trying!

Ah, thanks. I do love flatbread too!

(Daniel) #170

so I tried this recipe, but didnt have heavy cream. So I used sour cream. DONT. justā€¦ dont.

Ugh, what happened?

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #172

Sounds good though. What did they taste like?

(Daniel) #173

tasted super eggy, didnā€™t fluff up at all, ended up tasting like a sour omelet.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #174

DISLIKE!!! :frowning:
Will not try.

Brenda, these are wonderful! I made them before I started fasting several weeks ago and I couldnā€™t get enough! I made them 2 days in a row. I used Carolina Gold Nuggets Pork Puffies Bake-N-Puffs you bake/microwave yourself! I found these on Amazon and they are amazing. I added maple extract in the batter and found I had to use more cream as the batter was too stiff! My husband and mother loved them too! Iā€™m going to try them in my waffle iron when I finish fasting. I topped them with almond butter, butter and a bit of Walden Farms maple syrup! OMG! Just wanted to say Thank You!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #176

Youā€™re welcome!
I find that many brands of pork rinds are different. Good you adjusted the recipe. Many have had to with their particular brand.

(Jill Bowman) #177

Well, I tried the waffles this morning ā€¦ Thank you! That, with a healthy dose of bacon of course, is destined to become our weekend ā€˜go toā€™ brunch dish.

(G. Andrew Duthie) #178

Finally got around to making a batch of these for waffles for lunch. Very tasty, and I love the fact that they just come right out of the waffle iron. No sticking at all.

Definitely need to double or more the recipe if you want to make for a groupā€¦the recipe as stated at the top only filled half my waffle iron. I donā€™t think I couldā€™ve eaten more than 2, though, so not a problem. :slight_smile:

My wife was laughing at me while making it (ā€œthat is not going to workā€), as it came out, ā€œwhat the hell? How did it do that?!ā€ I put too much batter for those two hearts, but came out so well. I added 1/2 tsp of baking powder as well. Does taste a bit like pork rinds, but I love it! The texture really is like a freaking waffle!

(christa) #180

Thank you, Brenda! I just made these and they were amazing. My 3yo ate all of his and then finished mine! Definitely my new go-to for pancakes.